1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Can I pray for my afterlife?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by seanmc, Mar 20, 2017 at 2:35 AM.

1. seanmc

seanmc Member

Can I pray so I can ask to have all my fantasies here on Earth fulfilled in the afterlife?

I know that some things done on Earth simply aren't in the afterlife-people don't feel a need for them. But what about us having the physical-like bodies we always wanted in the afterlife? I do assume people here believe we have bodies of sort up there. What's the point of wanting to be or being a tall, attractive man in the afterlife world, if we don't want or need any sexual or romantic relationships at all? It's all not fair. It's soul-stinging. Of course, there is more to this life and beyond than those types of relationships, but at least we have the chance to enjoy them here on Earth.

But again, why can't I just pray to have my desires fulfilled up there?

More things: I feel like that once I get to the afterlife and pass on, if I were to die tomorrow, I'll have to "discontinue" what I was working on here on Earth. It's a discomforting feeling. For example, I have this person who I want to find and contact someday. If I go there, will my day-to-day life be totally changed?

2. mac

mac really-really-old member

Of course you can! You can pray for anything you'd like - who's to stop you? But do you genuinely believe those fantasies will be provided? Simply because you mouthed the words, thought the thoughts?

You're making progress, Sean, in being able to acknowledge that.

I'm going to have the sort of body that I want after I've kicked my clogs. Why not you or anyone else?

What's the point in not wanting it? If you want it, you want it.... It'll happen or it won't. What you feel now, though, may not be how you feel 'over there'. I'm sure you've seen that point made here on ALF on a number of occasions.

You're whining now...

same answer as before

Answer to last question - YES
    Will that affect the situation you alluded to in the previous sentence? Answer - YES.

3. seanmc

seanmc Member

What's your exact verdict, mac?

4. mac

exact verdict about what?

5. seanmc

seanmc Member

Sure, why not?

6. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Sean, the more advanced you are spiritually, the more powerful your mind will be, and the more likely you are to be able to mind-create whatever you would like!

7. mac

Why not indeed. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017 at 11:47 AM
  8. seanmc

seanmc Member

How am I supposed to spiritually advance my mind in that case? Is it a process here on Earth or is it more of a post-death process?

9. mac

My own perspective is that the more spiritually-advanced one is the less likely one would be to indulge in fantasy mind-creations.....

10. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Heh. Catch-22!

Sean, most spiritual growth happens here on earth, apparently until we are fairly well advanced. If you would like a PDF of The Fun of Growing Forever, please send me a contact through robertagrimes.com.