1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Can anyone tell me what this means?

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by Spirit guide, Feb 7, 2014.

1. A few years ago I had a very lucid (very real) dream that I still remember to this day but have never before made any attempt at decoding it's seemingly hidden message.

In the dream I was standing at the top of a clock tower alone, suddenly two men who's faces I could not see appeared from nowhere and one got my legs and the other got my hands. They then both said to me at the exact same time (EDITED: their exact words to me were: "It's time for you to go now, you are needed elsewhere on the timeline.") They then threw me from the top of the clock tower and I remember very clearly seeing the top get further and further away and it was so real, and when I hit the bottom is when I woke up.

Before any of this happened I remember very clearly being able to look back at myself lying in bed so to me this seems like a message or prehaps even a sneak peek at where I was before this life. I quite often have dreams which contain people who's faces I cannot see, but I always feel like I know them, I just never found out who they were.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  2. I think it is common to see people in a dream and feel that you know them, even though you do not see their face. I sometimes dream of people who do not look the way they do in real life, but I still know it's them -- for example, I will know that a certain character is my sister, even though in the dream she looks different than how I see her in waking life.

Not sure how much it matters, but the term "lucid dream" has come to mean a dream in which the dreamer knows they are dreaming. Was this a lucid dream in this sense? Or do you mean only that it was a very vivid dream that seemed quite real while you were in it?

As to the meaning of the message that you were needed elsewhere on the timeline -- it's hard to know what such a message might mean, since you returned, presumably, to your usual place on the timeline. What emotion does/did the dream evoke? Was it scary falling from the top of the tower?

3. It was definitely scary and very real, lucid was the wrong word to use to describe this dream. It was as if they were sacrificing me or something because they threw me off immediately after they said "it's time for you to go now, you are needed elsewhere on the timeline."

I remember being creeped out for a few months after that always looking over my shoulder, it doesn't bother me now but at the time it really got to me.

4. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

Sometimes a dream -- even a terrifying one -- is just a dream, the subconscious mind working through stuff.

5. janef

janef Moderator

Hi Spirit guide.... Welcome to the forum. I most often don't see faces in my dreams, I just know who they are, or sometimes I don't know them at all. Dreams are so exaggerated and create an absurd story around common events or problems. Since only you can decide what your dream means it is difficult to say. If it were mine, it would mean I had completed a time consuming project and would be letting it go, moving on to other things. (needed elsewhere) I would wonder about the "fear"... ask yourself about that. There might be a clue here. But that's not to say it wasn't an astral travel dream, which it could be as well. Interesting you saw yourself laying there. That has never happened to me, even when I had an OBE.

Jane

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  6. Thank you Janef, i'm glad I found this forum. Dreams are definitely over exaggerated by our minds, it is amazing how it can make a story out of it though. When we are asleep, our brains are self cleaning. The neurological pathways are opened and are cleaned with chemicals. This is our brains cleaning out the excess thoughts of the day, and is part of what creates dreams.

7. Quite, I am usually able to distinguish between real and just a dream because as I said, I have in the past looked back at myself on my bed. My spirit self has seperated from my body by getting into a relaxed state, and enters the spirit realm. It is an amazing journey, usually better to try it when you first wake up, it is more likely to work when you're still tired.

8. mac

mac Staff Member

I'm always intrigued when dreamers seek meanings in their dreams.

Occasionally, though, some do seem to have significance for some individuals but it's hard for this observer to judge whether any other person's dream experience really did have any significance.

I guess I see my dreams just as dreams because they seem to have no discernible function or value.

9. It's an interesting subject, I believe that some (not all) dreams do have meanings or messages behind them, like having a running dream means you're hiding from something in real life etc.

10. janef

janef Moderator

I believe all dreams mean something. Like, our brain is our "nightime psychic". I have studied Dreams, and did a workshop where we asked for a dream to answer a question. Quite amazing!!! It's important to write down the question you want answered before you go to sleep.