1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Can a deceased loved one always be with you every day?

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by AmbraADC, Jul 10, 2016.

1. AmbraADC

AmbraADC Banned

Hello,

I am new here, and this is my first post. However, I am not new to ADCs (after-death communications), and I've had them on and off for decades now.

In Feb/2016, I was remembering good times with a person I love very much who died 32 years ago. We had a strong, unique connection when he was alive, and the feel of that connection has never changed for me.

Anyway, after remembering good times with him for a few days, I found myself strongly yearning for him. I told God that I wanted to die and go be with L now. You could say my yearning was like a prayer, but without the formalities of a prayer.

I don't know where this yearning came from inside of me. I still don't know for sure, where it came from inside of me.

Anyway, I did NOT expect any kind of answer. But I got a big answer. My beloved deceased person L, returned the next day or so, and he's been here with me ever since. Every day, I sense him, and he keeps me company, and watches TV with me. Three times since Feb/16, he's put a song in my head from him. He fills my heart up with love and joy every day. I feel more connected to him than ever.

This connection has helped me process my past relationship with him, and has helped me to actually move on with the way I now feel about him and perceive him. It is an active relationship. And I didn't know how that was going to work, when it first started, but amazingly, it works.

The spirit L, has given me ADCs once in a while over the years, with more activity in spurts, than others. Before Feb/16, I had not had any ADCs from him in about 5 years, and thought perhaps he didn't like me anymore.

But he is back, and stronger than ever.

And if this does not sound cooky enough for you, I will take a further risk here, and tell you that when he came back, he introduced sex into the relationship.

At first, it felt rather neat. And then I started freaking out, because I was having regular, great sex with a disembodied soul. Being that I'm an active Christian, I prayed and prayed about this. I submitted prayer requests to a number of prayer groups asking that if L is an evil spirit, or a fake spirit, to remove him from my life, and then have God help me with my broken heart. The only answers I got from my prayer is that "everything will be okay." I still say this prayer a few times a week. And L is still here, and still keeps me company every day and gives me great sex often.

I have actually gotten used to this to a certain extent.

Sex wise, he is helping me pay back some karma that I owe cause of my deceased Dad's sexual sins. Decades ago, I had a vision from my Dad telling me that I had a certain "sexual" problem because of him. For years, I did not understand the message, until 2004 when I finally started reading books about my psychic experiences. And then I realized that my Dad must be saying that I was paying his karma. I've read in the Michael Newton book since then, that it is possible to pay for the sins of someone in my soul group.

Besides this current situation, I've had visions/messages/miracles from God, Angels, and deceased relatives over the last 35 years. it's been hard to come to terms with my ADCs in particular, because I'm a Christian. And if you turn to Christians, they tell you that ADCs are evil spirits, not your deceased loved ones. But I have no reason to believe that God would allow a special connection, a special love to be used against me like this. I've prayed to God all my life, was baptized as a Christian, and I've received some amazing miracles from God. So I have no reason to believe that God would allow an evil spirit to give me my current situation.

My beloved spirit L, is never pushy with me. He takes care of me, and responds to my moods, and knows when to back-off and when to sit beside me. I feel even more connected to him now, than I ever have before.

Even though I sense his presence every day, I do find myself wondering if this is all real. When he introduced sex into our inter-dimensional relationship, it struck me that this is all real. That being the afterlife, the Bible, God ... they are not just words on a page (in the Bible), this is all real. Since then, I have done more reading about the afterlife, and I just finished John Burke's book "Imagine Heaven" about NDEs and how they match up with the Bible. And I've done many general searches on the Bible and different aspects of ADCs since Feb/16.

I do not believe in consulting psychics. And I do not really believe that I will ever acquire complete explanations for all that is happening to me until I'm dead. But I am hoping that talking about this and reading the stuff on this website, will help me somehow.

I am sorry for freaking any reader out. I know from Google searches that stories of sex with a deceased loved one, are rare. And my story of sex often, blows even my mind. But I know it's not all my imagination, as I've sometimes wondered, because my sexual imagination ain't nearly that good. Also he can cause physical reactions in key parts of my body, that have no other explanation.

Anyway enough of my weird, sorted life for now. This is no joke, this is my reality. Help if you can.

P.S. When I get frustrated with all of this, I pray and tell God that I said "I want to die and go be with L now." Not bring L here, and and all that sex stuff too. That is my defense if I die and I find myself in big trouble with God. I tell God he can take all the sex stuff away anytime he wants, as it is not necessary. I enjoy it, but I can go back to living without it. I get no response from God, which has driven me to distraction at times. Because I know God can hear me. There have been a few times in my life when I've received immediate answer to prayer, so I know He can hear me. Such are my frustrations !!

Thanks

Ambra

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear Ambra, yours is a fascinating story! I have heard a few that were similar, almost always involving married couples, although there is no reason why marriage should be important. In every story like this that I have heard, too, the spirit has been male. So your experience is not unique, but it is unusual since those who have transitioned have bodies which lack a sex drive so post-death sex is virtually unheard-of - I have read of just one case, in forty years of doing this research.

But don't worry that anything you are doing is wrong, or even that communicating with the dead is not Biblical. The Old Testament is full of communications with dead folks and oracles, and the New Testament assumed that we will communicate with the dead, as witness this passage: "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God" (1 John 4:1) Apparently you have been testing your particular spirit, so all is well!

As to why this might be happening to you, I don't know enough about you or about the details of what is happening really to speculate. It may be, though, that you have personal unresolved issues with L or with your father, or even with some of the twisted attitude that Christianity tries to instill in its followers where sexuality is concerned, and perhaps this experience is helping you to move on from whatever has been unbalanced in you spiritually? It's very hard to know. But, as the saying goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" ;-).

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  3. AmbraADC

AmbraADC Banned

Dear Roberta Grimes,

Thanks for your response.

My Google searches mostly tell me that sex in Heaven does not happen, as I've Googled "can we have sex in heaven" as part of my "sex with a spirit" inquiry. I was reading this Mikey Q&A 186 pages, which I downloaded from this website. On p. 81 (search sex) Mikey says that afterlife people are "focused on 'human desires and drives' associated with earth." Further Mikey says "why would you want to 'lower' your loving experience with a loved one with sex (in the afterlife)", so this suggests that sex in heaven is possible. Other answers that I've read in my Google searches suggest that it is possible too, but that doesn't mean that it is possible for sure. Mostly I've read though, that sex in Heaven is NOT possible. It is hard to know what is for real in this subject.

I want to elaborate and explain that in Dec/1991, one day while unhappy in my then marriage (to a live man, not L), I said in an off-the-cuff remark that "I wish I had L back". A few days later L came back. And he stayed for 10 months, until I sent him away. At the time, I was married, and there was no sex between L and I, and in fact, I had no idea that such a thing was possible at all. I had only had one ADC before this, back 10 years ago in 1981 from my deceased Dad, so I was quite freaked out at first by this spirit in my apartment. My journal entries remind me that at first L followed me around and said "admit that you loved me", which I did not answer because I was trying to figure out what was going on. (L had been dead since 1984.) For the most part though, he did not pressure me about anything.

So L was back for 10 months. I was really broke then, and he would come grocery shopping with me, which comforted me and helped to alleviate my "grocery-shopping with a tight budget anxiety." I could even get L to fetch prices for me from another aisle in the store. Considering that it was 24 years ago now, I can't remember too much of how else he helped me out, but there was no sex.

After 10 months of L's visit, I became quite frustrated because I could not love him like he was alive, so I told him to go away, and he did go away. There were some amazing psychic experiences with his coming and going, which I will not get into here. Years later a psychologist that I went to, who also happened to be an intuitive, told me that he prayed for a couple of years to be able to get permission to come to me in Dec/1991.

So my theory is that during that 24-year gap of not being with me, (I got divorced during that time) he figured out a way to give me sex, which he does often now. You could even say there was a trial run about 2 years ago, in which he came upon me one day when I was busy at my computer, under a deadline, and gave me an unexpected orgasm (I'll spare you the details.) I was pleasantly surprised by this, and did not even know he was hanging around me beforehand.

My theory is that perhaps I am channelling him, as I've heard psychics on TV describe how a spirit will give them a physical sensation usually associated with how the spirit passed. And I'm thinking if a spirit can put pressure on a psychic's chest to denote heart attack, perhaps they can give a person sexual stimulation as well.

I notice that before both stays I in essence, wished for him to be here. I have never done any occult activities to summon a spirit, nor had any interest in doing so. But with L a wish seemed to do the trick.

I knew L for 17 years when he was alive. We knew each other since childhood and we had a 4-month romance as teenagers, until my Dad split us up, because our families were against us being together. So we never split up because we wanted to. In fact, we always had an attraction for one another even as children. The moment I first saw him the thought that went through my head was "I want to marry him." I never told anyone about that experience, not even L. I knew my feelings for him would never change from that moment, and I was right, they never did change, not even after his death. (L died at age 26 from cancer.)

I was married when L died, and I put L aside in a lot of ways and did my best to go on with my life, but L never left the special place that he had in my heart from the moment I met him. So for L and I, we have unfinished business and my pull towards him, is still just as strong as it ever was. But now, because we are together each day, I have processed my relationship with him, by thinking about every detail and realizing things over and over until I've drained those experiences dry. And I have finally stopped processing them. In the meantime, I feel married to L in my heart, and my prayer is that when I die, I will be able to be with L.

In 1992, the year that L was with me for 10 months, he gave me what I call the "wedding dream" that was more like an out-of-body experience than a dream, wherein he showed me where we would live once I was with him in the afterlife, it was a 2-story condo on the beach. He told me some things about the townsfolk, and that we would be happy there. I awoke when I was running sand through my hands and thinking "this isn't a dream" meaning this was too real to be a dream.

In 2002, I was sitting in a living room one afternoon, when L appeared on the adjacent sofa, and said nothing. Straight ahead, my deceased Dad came through the wall and asked "are you two going to be together" meaning in the afterlife. And L answered "yes." And I just sat there and said nothing, watching this amazing scene play out before me. Instead of my Dad getting angry, like he did when he was alive, he just quietly backed out of the room, the same way he came in, and L disappeared soon after. And I was left sitting in the room looking out the window as I was at the start. It was quite alright with me if L and I are together in the afterlife. For sure, I will not be tolerating anymore opposition to our relationship in the afterlife, as I did on earth.

I loved L since the moment I first met him. However, I did not know if he loved me, but his actions since his death have convinced me that he does. Even though, I do have doubts some days, and I even get paranoid and wonder if his current stay in my life is to get me to a point where I dump him, so that I won't bother him in the afterlife. But he fills my heart with so much love and joy each day, and gives me more sex, and better sex than I've ever had, that I doubt he would go to such trouble only to get rid of me. I pray about all of this often, and I tell God that He will have to fix my broken heart if things don't turn out well with L in the afterlife. It is all I can do. I have so many questions, and I don't know how many satisfactory answers I will ever find before I die.

Thanks for reading this.

Rising likes this.
  4. RobertaGrimes

AmbraADC, what you describe is possible, but it is extremely rare!

The dead (including Mikey Morgan) tell us that sex doesn't happen in the afterlife because their bodies lack a sex drive, and anyway there is a much better body-melding thing that they can do with anyone at all which produces a more intense whole-body orgasm that lasts for so long as they stay melded; they say that after doing that, nobody cares about the puny kind of orgasm that is possible here! What you are saying is that he stimulates your body to orgasm, and that could certainly happen if he were advanced enough and wanted badly enough to do it, but it is virtually never reported. It just doesn't seem to be something that those not in bodies care about doing. Sexual intercourse also is apparently possible, but in all my decades of doing afterlife research I have found only one reported account of it; and that was what you might call therapeutic rather than recreational.

So... your experience is interesting. My suggestion is that you simply enjoy it!

Rising likes this.
  5. AmbraADC

AmbraADC Banned

Yeah, my Google searches showed that it's rare. I did find a story wherein a psychic said she had a sexual relationship with a spirit for 12 years, but I am hesitant to post the link in case it is against the rules. And I found another website where another psychic said she's heard of such a thing, but it is indeed rare. Apparently, parts of my life belong in the "truth is stranger than fiction" file.

I do enjoy it, but all of this has freaked me out, especially in the first 2 months. I have settled down more to it all now, even though some days I still get freaked out. Some days I wonder if I'm imagining things, but not the sex, cause my imagination ain't that good.

The big thing is that, the sex made me realize that this is all real. The afterlife is real, and it made what I believe about the Bible, Jesus and God, even more real. The sex is what eventually led me to this website, as I would have never starting doing related searches otherwise.

And then there is that human need to tell someone about what you're experiencing. Even though I know before I start, that there isn't that much anyone can say. I've posted on forums before, so I know how it goes. I know there is more to be learned from books, and I've some referrals to some interesting books on this website, and I bought a book written by you today! I bought the Fun of Dying book by you for my Kindle app., as the book looks really good !

When I sent L away in 1992, 24 years ago, I never dreamt in a million years that he would return one day, and this time, with the ability to have sex with me. I assume/theorize he spent some of that 24 years figuring out how to do it. Because I never asked for sex, and I never wished it. Not in my every-day conscious mind anyway. (Although when I sent him away in 1992, it was because I couldn't love him like a live man. So maybe that was my "wish.")

The website where the psychic says she's heard of it, also said that people would be pretty hesitant to report it, for obvious reasons. Recently a month or so ago, Bobby Brown was interviewed on ABC, and he said a ghost once climbed on top of him and had sex. The next day the story was all over the internet. I don't consider L to be a ghost though.

Thanks for writing. :)

6. Nirvana

Nirvana Member

Welcome to the forums, AmbraADC, and thanks for your awesome posts so far

7. AmbraADC

AmbraADC Banned

I'm so excited, I have to share this with you guys. I am reading a book called "Love Never Dies: How to Reconnect and Make Peace with the Deceased" by Dr. Jamie Turndorf. The author of this book, a psychiatrist, explains the ADCs she's had with her deceased husband, starting right from when he died. She describes experiences like what I've written about here, and more experiences that I've not written about, but she has had more experiences than me! Her story is remarkable, validating that others do have such experiences as mine as well. I hope you all read the book and find it as informative and exciting as I am. :)

8. Nirvana

Nirvana Member

9. AmbraADC

AmbraADC Banned

Thanks Nirvana. I listened to it, it was good !

10. peachy4

peachy4 New Member

Going Through a Similar Situation

Hello Ambra,

Your situation caught my eye, especially because I'm going through something similar. I am 17 years old, and my friend killed himself seven months ago. We always had feelings for each other when he was alive- we met at only 13 years old too. We never dated though. After he died, I cried everyday for two weeks, and I'd pray every night before bed for God to take my friend into Heaven. When I attended his funeral, I gave him a pink rosary. For a month, I'd feel tingles all over my head and neck, which I believe was him. It was not until after his death that I realized I had always been in love with him. I admitted that to him after his death, hoping he'd hear.

A little while ago, I started crying over him like I did when he first died (before then, I my last tears we're she'd for him maybe two months ago). I began to feel his presence again like I did when I first died. That night, I felt him touching me, and they felt like tingles. At one point, it felt like a human hand was touching me... When I moved, I didn't feel it anymore. He also began touching parts of me he didn't the month after his death, like my bottom. The morning after, I told him to do something sexual to me (it wasn't sex). He eventually did, and I know I wasn't going crazy because it felt numb "down there". It also felt like I was about to climax. Him and I continued a relationship after this, yet only one person I know that's a medium is aware since I'm afraid of seeming like a lunatic.

When my friend who's a medium did a reading on him, she said that he wants me to move on eventually although he desperately wants to be with me (although he wants to be together in Heaven). She also stated that he said he couldn't give me what I needed in this life but will continue the relationship for a few more years. Although I feel like I'm losing my mind, I feel him cuddle me every night, and his touches are beginning to feel more lifelike. How were you certain L is real? I really don't want to be going crazy... Please tell me more about this if possible because it'll help me a lot. I'm hopelessly in love with this guy (I'll call him Brad), and I'd be torn apart if he left me.

-Peachy

11. RobertaGrimes

Thank you for sharing, Peachy! I'm sorry about the temporary loss of your friend, but everything you mention experiencing is perfectly normal. And saying that astonishes me! Last night there was a meeting of the AREI board (yellow banner above, to the left), and one of the things that we talked about was the flat-out astonishing fact that we are suddenly hearing a lot about living people having genuine and apparently very satisfying sexual experiences with dead lovers. Has this always been going on, but it's just not been reported? I have no idea! But it is absolutely common now. I first heard about it from Jamie Turndorf, whose beloved husband, Jean, died ten years ago but they remain an intensely loving couple in every way (her book, Love Never Dies, is great). Now resuming intimacy with dead spouses is one of the things that she counsels people (mostly widows) about, and they are reporting amazing sex as well. This board is five people who are very senior in the field of afterlife studies, and we all agreed that we had never heard of it before perhaps a year ago but suddenly sex with the dead is a thing we're seeing everywhere. Amazing! Why now??

12. Ted'sRed

Ted'sRed New Member

I think I might be able to help shed some light on that, Roberta. I’m no expert, by any means, but unless you’re a love guru like Dr. Turndorf or Dr. Ruth (Westheimer), most people are uncomfortable discussing their sex life with anyone other than their partner. It takes a lot of gumption to share something so intimate with strangers, even in the interest of research. The fear of judgment is very real. I don’t know that I would have believed it if it hadn’t happened to me.

Also, as we know, our personalities don’t change when we cross over. If you weren’t inclined to discuss your sex life when you were living in this realm, that’s not likely to change when you get to the other side.

Alas, the times are finally changing. It seems that the more recently departed (vs. those who “left” 100 years ago) are more open to expressing their sexual desires, and those of us on “this side” who are receiving the gifts of those desires are also more willing to share our experiences. Mind you, I have never been one to discuss my sex life with anyone other than my husband (I’m a very private person), but when he manifested his energy in that way, I was so blown away that I felt compelled to share it with those who have an interest in life after death. I had done tons of research at that point, and I certainly hadn’t come across any such accounts – and trust me, I was looking!

I have done quite a bit of work with Dr. Turndorf since someone here on these forums told us about her (I think it may have been jimrich). It’s been amazing, and we’re not done yet. In one session, my husband actually (very sweetly) made his “romantic” desires known in a group setting (I’m sure I was still blushing a week later), and he also did a great trick with the lighting, with the attendees as witnesses, that was extremely validating. As confident as I am that what’s happening is real, there’s just something about other people experiencing it, too, that is so comforting. Mind you, my husband was just as private a person as I am, so I can only assume that he must have known what an impact it would have on me to openly express himself in that way in front of others. By the way, he has since ramped up his manifestations in the romance department, and all I can say is that I’m one happy widow!

You’re right – sex with the dead really is a thing, and Jamie’s right . . . love never dies!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  13. AmbraADC

AmbraADC Banned

Dear Peachy,

About what the psychic told you, please keep in mind that you cannot necessarily trust what a psychic tells you for various reasons. There's a book called "The Afterlife Experiments" that I recently read, and my conclusion from reading it, is that even the proficient tested psychics only hit on the truth 60 to 80% of the time. Which may sound good until you realize that 20 to 40 % of the time they could be wrong. But these were for the psychics tested in that book, who knows about the rest of the psychics.

I am a Christian though as well, and the Bible says not to consult psychics, and I've concluded that part of that warning is because you don't know whether the information you're getting is valid or not. Reconciling my own personal psychic experiences has been quite the challenge with my Christian beliefs, but for the most part I just conclude that I will fill in the missing gaps once I get to the afterlife.

The tingles you feel all over your head and neck are probably from your deceased lover, as I have read that this is a common form of communication from deceased people, although I have never felt it. I imagine the spirits use methods that they feel the receiver can tolerate, and my L probably knows I'd go squirrley if I started feeling tingles around my head, lol.

How am I certain that L is real? I was a hard sell on spirit communication, but L has visited me on and off over the 32 years since he died. I could write a book on all the visits I've had from him since he died in 1984. Even though, my memory isn't quite as good as it used to be, so I know I've forgotten some of them. Some visits and dreams and such, I've also written down, and I still discover journal entries I wrote years ago about visits from L.

All I can really say, is that over time, L "wore me down" as it were, to the point where I now readily accept a communication from him with almost no questioning of it. And this state of affairs has come to be since his return to me in February of this year. There hasn't been a day that's gone by this year where I don't get some sort of communication from him. His visits are so frequent and varied with a number of identical "happenings" that I accept his presence at this point, as I do a live person. He fills me with love and joy every day, and good sex about 3 times per week. I have more sex with him now, than I've ever had with any live man previously in my life. I am quite content sexually.

But even when we don't have sex, he will kiss me. Man, he is a great kisser. In about the past 3 weeks or so, he's developed a new skill, wherein I will get this image in my head out of nowhere, where we'll be kissing and slowly, tenderly, making out, and I can actually feel the feelings I had when he was alive and we would make out !!! Like this is really amazing !!! To not only feel the kiss, but to actually link into those old romantic feelings from the days of our romance, which happened 39 years ago !!! It just freaks me out with amazement !!!

I've told him in weeks/months past that I like it when he fades almost out for a while, and then comes in sharply, because it's almost like validation that this is all real. And he does that now, 2 to 3 times per day, which reinforces the idea that he's actually with me. Because visits from spirits can be hard to believe. And since L has come back permanently since Feb/16, I've read a lot of books on the afterlife and NDEs and other related material, looking for how sex with a spirit could be, including a book mentioned in this thread, "Love Never Dies" by Dr. Jamie Turndorf. When I read Jamie's book, some of the stuff in there I would have never believed, except its happened to me too.

I think each person has their own journey with spirit connections, I don't think there are any hard and fast rules or experiences about it. Being that I am a Christian I have been very open to God in prayer about all of this, and the only message I've ever received is that "things will be okay", which can be a frustrating message, as it has no details, but whenever God has told me that before, things really were okay. So hopefully, when I die, I won't find myself in hell for having sex with a spirit. And I have prayed several times asking if L is an evil spirit, but I've been told no, he's not a few times. And L has never done anything pushy or demanding to me in his visits, or with his sexual visits.

About a week ago, I took a taxi somewhere in my city, and I suddenly sensed L in the back seat, quite strongly. My sensing of him was so strong, that I looked at the cab driver to see if he was having any kind of a weird response, but he seemed perfectly fine, so I assume he sensed nothing. I think L was just letting me know that he was with me on that busy trip, and that was the only time on that trip that I sensed him.

In L's regular visits, he tends to come in strongly at meal times, or he'll sit next to me while I'm at the computer, or he'll watch TV with me sometimes, and sometimes I even get a vision of him laughing at something on TV.

I have come to believe very strongly, that L wants us to be together once I die. And he has given me that idea in the many years before his return this year, but now I really believe it.

That he wants us to be together is not that hard to believe because when he was alive, we had a very strong, intense connection that went beyond the physical, as I've described before. Had he not died at age 26, perhaps we would have eventually lived together or got married.

Anyway, I could yack about him forever, so I'll stop now. Hope this helps.

Ambra

14. AmbraADC

AmbraADC Banned

Hi Roberta,

My L returned to me this year bringing sex into our relationship. Two years before, or so, he helped me achieve orgasm one day when I was sitting at my computer unable to stop thinking about sex for some reason. I didn't even know he was around me until he suddenly gave that orgasm. I assume he must have learned this skill somewhere in the afterlife, just like I've read that spirits learn different techniques on how to communicate with their loved ones. Because I could ask, why didn't he bring sex into our relationship before 2016? I don't know. But it does seem to me, that if a spirit can touch a person in any manner, that sex, would be the obvious next step. Hope that helps.

15. RobertaGrimes

I love hearing this, dear Ted'sRed!! I'm coming to think that an ongoing sex life after the death of one spouse likely always has been going on, but in more reticent days the surviving spouse simply didn't talk about it. I'm glad that Jamie is as open about it as she is, and even is teaching it now. We're going to have a lot more happy widows!

16. RobertaGrimes

Your question about why he didn't bring sex into your relationship before is an interesting one. We are being told that the veil between worlds is thinning as part of the process of elevating the consciousness of the planet, and I wonder whether in fact one result of that thinning is this increase in cross-dimensional sexuality. I don't know. I don't think that anyone knows! But I hope you'll just enjoy the result ;-).

17. Annie

Annie Member

This is pretty fascinating. I always kind of figured sex in the afterlife happened, but was underreported (and we're not inclined to partake in it as often as we did while on earth), but I never knew it was possible between a spirit and a living person. I can't help but be curious what it feels like...if it's the same feeling of tangible pressure and solidarity, or if it's more airy and ethereal.

18. AmbraADC

AmbraADC Banned

An update ... when L was alive, he and I shared an intense, almost idealistic romantic connection; very little real-life usual problems came into our relationship when he was alive. We had our real-life romance in 1977 when I was 17 and he was 19.

And this year, 2016, since February, has been an amazing romantic journey with a spirit that I've loved since the moment I first met him when L was alive and I was 7 years old.

But a real-life problem has introduced itself into our romantic longings for one another, and I'll tell you about it now. A few weeks ago I had a dream wherein L told me about some sins that he committed when he was alive. He never mentioned whether he did these things in my lifetime when he was alive, or whether they were done in a previous life time. I awoke at 6 a.m. sharp, and immediately said to L: "why did you send me that dream?", and he immediately responded by saying clearly in my mind's ear, "to see if you could forgive me."

And I did forgive him pretty much immediately. But since then, I have processed what he told me from time to time, and I've given him a few lectures, telling him that I hope he does not do similar things to me in a future lifetime that we spend together, as that is my concern.

One of the amazing things about all of this, is that for a couple of days after I had this dream, I could actually feel his deep sadness and remorse for the sins he had done. I've never felt anything like this in all of my life, through any experience with a living or a dead person.

To actually feel the same feelings that another person is feeling is quite a mind-blowing experience. It was a horrible experience, one that I wanted to stop, and it did stop. When I felt his sadness and remorse for his sins, I was down there in the abyss of emotional pain that he feels about those sins. It was a really horrible experience.

Since then, it feels like L and I are more physically connected if you will. It's like our spirits are actually physically connected to a certain extent, and I can now see his face more clearly in my mind's eye every day at various times, with various expressions on it, and various gestures from his hands and face. It's really nice, I'm enjoying that part very much. L seems to be quite happy that I forgave him, and he has not said any nasty thing about the lectures I have given him on the importance of not doing those sins again. Because there was part of me that thought L might withdraw from me because I read him the riot act, basically. But he has put up with it, like a Gentleman.

Recently I had a long, honest, prayer with God about all of this, wherein God gave me some answers or thoughts, and that seems to have helped me start to put all of this to rest, so hopefully I will be able to start to forget about this some more. Forgiving someone who you hope to be with in the future (in the afterlife in this case), is not as easy as I previously thought. Because the concern is that L will do those nasty things again. Even though when I measure that against the deep level of sadness and remorse that L feels for doing those things, and when I take into consideration all the times that L's spirit has helped me since he died in 1984, and when I think of all the kind and patient things he has done for me this year -- I can see that L has been making efforts all along since he died at least, to be a good person. (Even though, he seemed like a pretty good person when I knew him when he was alive -- but I certainly never saw all of his life when he was alive.)

God reminded me of a current relationship that I have with an alive person, wherein I have forgiven him time and time again, and that person has also made efforts to improve himself, just as I've seen L do. And that thought seems to have settled things down for me. Because my heart would be broken into many pieces if L and I were to part at this point. L makes at least one appearance to me per day in my mind's eye. He gives me an injection of love in various forms at least once per day, and since all of this has happened, I can finally see his face more clearly in my mind's eye every day.

I did read in the many books I've read about spirits in the afterlife, that spirits are emotional beings, and the better they express themselves emotionally with someone they love, the closer they will be to that still-living person.

I am very happy with L's spirit overall. Sometimes I have doubts/concerns and I wonder how things will go between us in the years to come, as I have no idea how long I will live before I get to die and join L in the afterlife. But mostly I don't worry about that because L has come to visit me and help me many times over the past 32 years since his death, up until this year when our relationship has become much closer through sex entering our relationship. I figure we'll figure it out as we go along, as we've done so far.

I've read that the veil between the dead and the living is thinning. And I sometimes think of the young woman named "peachy" who also posted in this thread, and I think that she's too young to have a close relationship with a spirit that she had a romance with when he was alive, because she has her whole life ahead of her, and she will form romantic relationships with men who are alive. Hopefully the young male spirit will consider that when deciding how to affect her life.

For me, it's different. I'm 56 years old, and I gave up on having real-life relationships with men in 2009 actually. I finally got to the point where I wasn't going to take anymore of their crap. Also, I had been putting my love and my feelings for L aside since we were broken up by my Dad in 1977. L and I never broke up of our own accord when he was alive, we were broken up by my Dad -- so as one book I read written by a medium said -- L and I have unfinished business. And we have that unfinished business along with the intense connection that we had during our romance and before and after our romance up until he died.

I have read many books/stories about the afterlife, and in those stories spirits often say that it's hard for them to denote time. For them, time is an event. So if they are in a certain situation, it can seem like an eternity to them, even though, if truth be known, it might be the equvilent of 30 earth years, for example. L tells me we will be together in the afterlife for eternity, but I can't help but wonder how many earth-years that eternity will be equvilent too. However, I do hope and pray, that however long we're together in the afterlife, that we will be happy, and that perhaps we can be together for a ver long time.

19. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

Dear Ambra:
    I honestly do not see any problems with your passionate relationship with someone in spirit. Irene comes here quite often and we have had a lot of very passionate events during my dreams. There is some "unfinished" business for us but nothing negative or painful. We are just about as close as we were in this plane but I'm not in any hurry to leave and go there just yet (I'm 79 now). As for god, I see no need for us to pester god so long as we are being honest, dignified and LOVING in our behavior and intentions. IMO, it all comes down to being honest and innocent rather than guilty or fearful in our actions. We are not particularly "religious" so worrying about offending or pleasing god or some parental entity does not weigh us down. I may move on to another romantic relationship on this side but I'm not out looking for one just yet and still enjoy the company of my late wife, Irene so we'll see how things go. She's been over there for about 1 year now and I do miss her a lot so, I truly enjoy visits from her, day or night. If I met someone, I am sure Irene would approve of it.

20. Jonathan Hallberg

Jonathan Hallberg New Member

In general, in order for a deceased loved one to visit you, a great deal of energy must be expended on their end – coming down to the physical realm, shifting their energetic vibration so they can be felt, moving objects or making noise if they can, etc.