1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

C & M 'side-conversations'

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Kurt, Jan 12, 2019.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

That's a very sad prediction but I respect your explaining it. I think the word 'sceptical' sometimes gets used instead of cynical but I'm not suggesting that's your position. Agnosticism doesn't work for me.

I'm really thankful that I am someone who is totally persuaded rather than someone who just believes. It's totally a win-win situation because if I'm wrong, and if there's no survival and afterlife after all, then none of us will ever know but inbetween time I won't be fruitlessly searching, my mind constantly in turmoil.

2. zilch

zilch New Member

It's more or less Pascal's Wager, isn't it? But - unless that's too personal question - did anything tangible (personal experience, etc.) persuade you?

3. mac

mac Staff Member

Tangible, no, personal, yes, along with a whole bunch of personally non-important but highly persuasive other stuff for some time after.

4. mac

mac Staff Member

I had to research what Pascal's Wager actually was! :D
    Having done so I disagree - my stance is very simple indeed involving no other entity or god. Pascal's idea was based on the religious conditioning of that time and involved a head-honcho God figure. Mine requires no such considerations. ;)

zilch likes this.
  5. innerperson

innerperson Member

I wasn't sure where I should post this, but knew it didn't warrant a separate thread.

I just had a dream of my grandmother the other night. It wasn't just a typical dream. This felt really different. It felt real. I haven't felt something like that since my grandfather died over 10 years ago. I was on the other side of the planet when my grandfather died and had woken up from sleep knowing he passed on. He contacted me on his way out. That was probably what led me down the afterlife path. Anyway, I had the same feeling a couple nights ago but with my grandmother. It was really cool. :)