1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

C & M 'side-conversations'

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Kurt, Jan 12, 2019.

1. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

No worries. ;)

2. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

I know this Mac. I guess I worded things wrong and of course you pointed it out. What a shocker. ;) I was referencing what my response was to regarding Mikey being on the fence. Poor choice of words I suppose.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  3. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Just a brief response to that last sentence, Carol. Some time ago I had a friend who was a 'healer' and he was also a 'sensitive'. He was a driver and auto mechanic and three days a week drove into the south of our little country. He had to be on the road by 3am and like many I'd guess wasn't at his most alert in the middle of the night! He told me he was often accompanied by a spirit helper and he said that some nights he had no reall of the journey, his unseen freind effectively watching and driving for him. I'd say that to do that his helper must have remained VERY close indeed to this earth dimension!

It kinda sounds a nice, helping relationship but not so nice was my being told by my friend that he was aware his companion would also be watching females in this dimension, his helper drawing close enough to see through my friend's eyes.

In my view that was rather too close to this dimension to be considered a truly spiritual helper. :(

4. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Leave aside your view of so-called death pacts for a moment and look at the obverse. Would it mean that because no individual has found a successful code that all other aspects of survival et al must be bogus?

Are you sceptical about everything to do with survival and communication etc and if so where do you feel you want your skepticism to take you. And to what end?

5. zilch

zilch New Member

Ok, let's put it aside for a while.

No to the first one.

To the second one - the word 'scepticism' is a loaded word nowadays, unfortunately. I am very much aware of the bias that affects people who choose solely materialistic view of things. I can see that there are many people here who are very sincere and clear-minded, let alone kind and friendly. I do hope that you 'know' about the existence of the other side. I'm however built this way that I need to be the Doubting Thomas (who, I think, ended up being a believer, anyway). My kind of scepticism will probably lead me to being agnostic my whole life. And if the people I still love and who departed decide to let me know that there is the other side, I will be the happiest person in the world. And then I'll start reading on hallucinations, etc until I end up being in the same state as previously.

Convolution likes this.