1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

BruceAdama's Thread

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by BruceAdama, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Andrew

Andrew Guest

But life is very different from coffee. You really don't have anything exceptional to learn from tasting coffee. By living life, however, you can actually progress in so many spiritual ways. That's why life is really priceless.

So, if you are so sure that you had no desire to come here, how do you think you got here?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2013
  2. In one of his posts, he mentioned that he was forced to come to earth....

3. But you did take the time to develop the experience, and it probably started, like me and so many others with the mandatory "where does coffee come from " assignment in 3rd grade.
    We developed a basic knowledge of what it is, where it comes from, how it's processed, how it is made into a beverage, then the physical experience started with the aroma, the 3rd party confirmation of its effects in appreciation, leading to the final sampling, which is where you chose to terminate the experience, your father and so many others only took it one step further to develop an ongoing appreciation and like for it - am I still talking about coffee?

By the way, how do feel about Vegemite? Most people don't get past the "knowing where it comes from" stage. :D

4. Hi BruceAdama and welcome back and congrats on the job

You have started a great thread here and I can appreciate so much of what everyone has contributed. I have only 2 questions to throw in the mix and I don't think the first was addressed from your first post

1- What exactly IS God's plan, if there is one at all?

2- Is it possible Bruce that you are not here as a Student but as a Teacher? This thought came to me while reading this thread and the wonderful way you have stimulated thought and discussion amongst the members here, that to me has always been the sign of a great teacher.

5. Intbel

Intbel New Member

I really like the jars. Unlike Marmite and other similar spreads, they have clear glass and easy fast-tuning screw caps and are perfect for holding spices.

The product itself, I love the stuff! Seldom use it since I discovered exactly what it contains. When I have enough jars, I'll not bother purchasing any more.

Cancel the last bit. I hear it can be used as axle grease, so a spare jar in the workshop may be useful.

6. Intbel

Intbel New Member

I do not accept at this time, that our free will is negated. Sure there is persuasion, very persuasive persuasion, but force?

I do not accept that.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  7. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Thank you, Wonderer. That was my suspicion but, I agree with Intbel. Personally, I don't accept that anything spiritual is done by force.

8. BruceAdama

BruceAdama Established Member

That's just the thing... I don't think God HAS a plan... at least not anymore... I think at one time everything was clear, and there was some sort of greater plan, but along the way, things got muddled up, and there is no real direction anymore. Put simply, I think God's plan has gone off on a tangent.

IDK if I'd say I'm here as a teacher... who would listen to me? :p I thank you for the compliment, but IDK about that.

As for Vegemite... IDK, because I have never tasted it, so I can't form an opinion. And unless someone gives me Vegemite, I wouldn't go out of my way to try it.

9. Andrew

Andrew Guest

So are you saying that God is fallible?

Personally, I cannot believe that God is subject human fallibility. It just doesn't seem to fit with the evidence, which displays that God is Energy.

10. BruceAdama

BruceAdama Established Member

You are absolutely free to believe this, but I know what happened in my case... I WAS forced here against my will. I have a very strong pre-birth memory of me very "vocally" protesting with great vehemence, the decision to send me here... I did not want to come, with any fiber of my being.

Now, is that to say this happens with everyone, obviously, it does not... but sometimes things happen that aren't so good. For every thousand perfectly healthy children born, how many are born with a birth defect, or born unhealthy? I'm in the minority that was sent here against their will.

And since we're now on the subject of will, and God's honoring of individual will (which I good, since I was going to get to this next), I would like to move on to my next point, which is:

GOD IS A DICTATOR

In virtually every single account of an NDE I have ever read, the person experiencing the NDE is offered a choice... they can remain in Heaven, or they can come back to Earth, and finish whatever it is they will finish. Most of the time, the person willingly opts to return. However, in quite a few NDE cases I have read, the person does NOT want to return, but even after much protest, is simply forced back into their body. This demonstrates to me that God chooses to ignore our own individual will, even after offering us a choice. If he (God) had no intention of ever honoring our will, why even bother with a choice to begin with? This tells me that for some reason, God cannot either handle or tolerate any form of opposing view or opinion, and when faced with such, imposes his own will over that of the other. That is the mark of tyrant. It is what dictators do.

Aside from the matter of choosing to remain in the afterlife or not, God also restricts will in other ways. Again, in many NDE cases I read, it is stated that in Heaven, there is no such thing as "bad" or "negative" thought... that everything is kept "good" by some form of master vibration or something. On the surface, this may seem quite ideal... after all, who wouldn't want to live in endless happiness and joy, right? Well... let's ponder this for a bit...

This means that in Heaven, nobody can get angry, jealous, or feel hate, the need for revenge, etc. Now... why do away with all those things, only to go through the trouble of having to force us to face them here on the Earth? Aside from making the Earth realm quite redundant, it also points to another mark of a dictator or tyrant... censorship. While it is very true that in Heaven, I may have no cause whatsoever to ever feel sadness, or hate, etc... who is God to take the option of those emotions away from me? The point is, if I don't have the option of something, then something else is being imposed upon me, which is the absence of free will.

Finally, God pretty much forces us to serve out our sentences here once we're here, with no way to opt out. Our bodies are engineered to naturally fear death, pain, and suicide. We may want to die, but our natural fear and dislike of pain keeps us from doing it, most of the time. Again, this demonstrates regard for more God's will than our own. The only absolute free will God respects and honors is his own.