1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

BruceAdama's Thread

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by BruceAdama, Jan 9, 2013.

1. BruceAdama

BruceAdama Member

Thanks. Yeah, one thing Susanne also picked up on, and also basically confirmed for me, was that as a spirit and as a person, I am extremely impatient, which is absolutely true. She basically reiterated what I think poeticblue said some time back, in one of my threads... that one of the reasons I'm so obsessed with the veil and the nature or "reality" of the afterlife, is because I'm so impatient to return, and because I miss it so much.

There are things I certainly want more clarification on, and a few other people I'd like to try to contact on the other side, so we'll see.

2. Nirvana

Nirvana Member

Did Susanne say that, or poeticblue?

3. BruceAdama

BruceAdama Member

Susanne did, but I think poeticblue also said it.

4. Nirvana

Nirvana Member

Oh, well that's an awesome addition. Thanks again for sharing. :)

I know the sessions are expensive, so have you decided whether or not you'll have another?

5. pleiades

pleiades Member

Wonderful reading, Bruce! I'm hoping to be scheduled with Suzanne but I know it's a long waiting list.

6. BruceAdama

BruceAdama Member

I am thinking of doing the more affordable follow-up reading, but I'll have to wait and see. If not, I might consider another individual reading in a year or so.

7. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

Bruce,
    I am so glad this reading went well for you! She is a great medium I feel!
    Carol

8. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

You mean she offers a discount on any reading after the first one?

9. Nirvana

Nirvana Member

Nah, I think the follow-up reading is just more details/questions answered for that first reading

10. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear friends, Susanne Wilson is currently offering a two-for-one sale through 12/22, after which she will be raising her rates (something that is long overdue). Personally, I have bought eight as gifts and will likely buy at least another two; but if anyone here has been thinking of having a reading with the person I consider to be the world's best spiritual medium, this would be a good opportunity. Two members here might team up and get the discount? Just a thought!

11. Nirvana

Nirvana Member

We should further discuss how souls can and do choose too-difficult lives against the advice of their guide(s)/council

12. BruceAdama

BruceAdama Member

[video=youtube;4N76logehtM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N76logehtM[/video]

13. RobertaGrimes

Lovely, Bruce - thank you for sharing!

14. BruceAdama

BruceAdama Member

So, I was thinking about this at work today...

As I have indicated in previous posts here, it has been stated that you/a soul cannot live an incarnation that overlaps any part of a given incarnation... for example, let's say I want to be in my 40's in the 1970's. In my life now, I was born in the year 1977, so, this would be pretty impossible. It's the "can one incarnate into a past time period, once you've already experienced life after said desired time period", or "is the incarnation timeline linear" question.

Here's where things get muddy...

According to some/those here, the incarnation timeline IS linear... you cannot incarnate into a past time period, once you have progressed beyond that era in your current incarnation. However... it is also said that in the afterlife time does not exist (which I vehemently disagree with... such claims are based on our perception and misunderstanding of what time is, and its nature, and not the reality of what it is and its nature is), and that all our lives are being lived at once, in essence.

Now... I took that last segment, "all our lives are being lived at once, in essence", and decided to apply it to the idea of our higher selves (if such an entity truly exists), and realized that if such is the case, then you should be able to live not only in the past, in a non-linear fashion, but that you can, indeed, experience overlapping incarnations! The key to understanding this, is realizing that if we are "fragments" of our higher selves, then this means that our higher selves are fragmented for each of our incarnations, and if this is the case, then if all of our lives are being lived at once, not only are our higher selves extremely fragmented, but all of time is happening at once, so in essence, no matter what, ALL of our incarnations are technically overlapping, at the same time!

Now, I still maintain that time in and of itself was, is, and always shall be linear... IMO, the whole of our incarnations taking place at once, is likely a form of observational perspective, and nothing more... a mechanism in/by which our higher selves can observe/maintain the stream and flow of incarnations... a "bubble realm", if you will, for the purposes of observation, and that once the higher self is finished with its learning, it becomes completely whole again, and returns to "normal" life within the afterlife realm. But even within the context and confines of such a bubble realm, the rule of linear time still remains, as there was a time before the higher self began to learn/entered the observational bubble, and a time during which the learning took place, and a point in time at which the learning was completed, and the higher self left the observational bubble.

The most basic and clean analogy I can offer, as well as the most accurate, is that of the point of view of someone at the event horizon of a singularity... as you get closer to the center, your perception of time may slow or speed up, but regardless of what YOU perceive, the flow of time all around you in the universe proper is proceeding at the same normal pace it always did... the universe and time never changed... YOUR perception of it has.

15. RobertaGrimes

Hi Bruce! Here is what I understand, based on communications from people we used to think were dead:

1) There is no objective time, just as there is no objective space or matter. Time is part of the package which is this illusory universe, and beyond it time does not exist.

2) People in the afterlife, especially those in the realms closest to this universe, often choose to experience some version of time. Those with close living loved ones are following those loved ones' lives in time. But - again - this is their choice.

3) Without time, of course everything is happening "at once." Including all our lifetimes. But since we are viewing this concept from within time, I don't think we really can appreciate what this "all at once" means, nor all the ramifications of it.

4) I have read credible accounts which suggest that we can choose to experience our lives out of order. I think the jury is still out on that!

16. bluebird

BruceAdama,

I don't really know about most of what you stated, but I wanted to say that I do agree with you about this:
    "The most basic and clean analogy I can offer, as well as the most accurate, is that of the point of view of someone at the event horizon of a singularity... as you get closer to the center, your perception of time may slow or speed up, but regardless of what YOU perceive, the flow of time all around you in the universe proper is proceeding at the same normal pace it always did... the universe and time never changed... YOUR perception of it has."

17. RobertaGrimes

This is indeed true of the material universe! But physicists tell us that the entire material universe is less than five percent of what they know exists. And time is an artifact of materiality. Beyond it, objective time simply doesn't exist.

18. BruceAdama

BruceAdama Member

I was going to start a new thread for this, but figured may as well drop it here. A friend and I were having a lively debate about God, the nature of God, and whether or not God is perfect or flawed, etc. Lucifer's fall was brought up, and it got me thinking... Lucifer's fall itself actually demonstrates that God is flawed, and how.

If we are to believe that God is an omnipotent entity, then it logically follows that as something omnipotent, it has complete power - NOTHING can ever threaten or harm it. So, why, then, would God feel the need to punish Lucifer for his attempted coup? If God is all-powerful, then surely there was never any threat from Lucifer, as Lucifer cannot harm that which is omnipotent. In this case, it seems to me that the only reason God had to lash out against Lucifer, was that its ego was threatened or bruised, and this is could not tolerate.

But isn't God perfect? Why would something omnipotent have ego, or more accurately, how could its ego be damaged? If it is perfect, then the knowledge that it is perfect is all it needs, as it is all-powerful, and perfect. Nothing can ever harm it. One could argue that God lashed out against Lucifer as a demonstration of power. Again, irrelevant. If you are omnipotent, there is quite simply NO threat to you, so Lucifer could have waged battle against God for all eternity, and it would never have affected God in any way, as God is omnipotent. Again, a demonstration of power hints to an active ego.

For God to act in such a way as an omnipotent being is flawed. It reveals that God is flawed, and imperfect.

19. bluebird

Bruce,
    I don't believe in the Judeo-Christian mythology, and I think I've made it clear in my various posts that if there is a god I harbor no love for it as I believe it has betrayed me, but --
    according to one interpretation of Judeo-Christian mythology, if I am remembering it correctly, Lucifer wasn't cast out of heaven as punishment, but because he no longer wished to be with god, so god acceded to that wish.
    Other interpretations, of course, do state that Lucifer was cast out of heaven as punishment. Even then, it could be argued that it was done in order to demonstrate to Lucifer that what he was doing was wrong, and not because god's ego was bruised.
    Or it could be because god's ego was bruised or it felt threatened, I really don't know. I certainly don't mean to be defending (a possibly-nonexistent) god, lol, just trying to present some of the possibilities as I have understood them.

20. RobertaGrimes

Dear friends, the evidence overwhelming suggests that neither a fallible anthropomorphic God nor any kind of Lucifer or devil actually exists, so this religious legend really tells us nothing about the genuine God that turns out to be all that exists!