1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

browser view

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by mac, Jan 30, 2018.

1. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

A question for anyone who uses, or has recently used, both a smart phone and a computer to access the pages on ALF..... Is the page layout much different between the platforms? For example can you see as much, and as easily, on a phone screen as you can on the larger screen of a computer? Do you have to scroll around when viewing a thread with many and/or long postings?

I don't use a smart phone for web access hence I see only the screens of my computers and can't compare the different views.

2. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I can see much more at once on my computer than on my phone, and I don't have to scroll nearly as much when viewing the site on my computer. Since my phone screen is smaller and more narrow than my laptop screen, each post I read is necessarily also narrow, and therefore needs more scrolling in order to be fully seen/read. Not very short posts, but all others; the longer a post is, the more I need to scroll. That's not a fault in the layout of this site, it's just how websites tend to appear on phones.

I much prefer to check this site, and most others, via my computer. I check them via phone only when I'm out & about, or when I'm laying in bed trying to fall asleep.

3. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

thanks, bb That's what I had thought might be the case. I've occasionally looked at websites on my G4 Motorola phone but I find it a frustrating business compared with even the smallest computer screen. Similarly with email browsers with the added problem that messages don't always get marked promptly - my wife is often using our phone at the same time as I'm viewing on a computer and she can't see exactly what I'm seeing.

I know I'm an old fart but it would drive me to distraction if I had to use a phone for routine web access. :mad:

pandora97 likes this.