1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Bringing the Kingdom of God on Earth

Discussion in 'Roberta's Blog Posts' started by RobertaGrimes, Sep 29, 2019.

1. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Posted by Roberta Grimes • March 30, 2019

All the stresses and angers that now separate people, best exemplified in our rage-filled politics but extending into every cranny of our lives, are signs of human history gone dangerously wrong. It is hard for people whose lifespan on earth will extend for only eight or nine decades, and people who furthermore believe that modernity is a synonym for progress, to grasp the fact that our species is rushing headlong down a blind, dark alley. We are entranced with technological progress which enhances our lives, and with medical progress which lengthens our lives, while never once really grasping the fact that we are decorating an empty vessel. None of the scientific bounty of the past two centuries has made us one whit happier. Indeed, we are ever more plagued by depression and hopelessness on a worldwide scale. And this does not end well! We are being told now by beings not in bodies and living at the highest levels of reality that unless we can very rapidly change the course of human history, within just another two hundred years humanity will be reduced to a dying remnant battling on a ruined planet.

You and I are in the midst of an emergency without precedent! So we have spent the past seven months here taking weekly bites at this crisis and exploring the fact that our options for addressing it are limited. If you have come late to this series, please read at least the posts linked here, since otherwise you may think I am being unnecessarily alarmist! Among our worst problems is the fact that not only are our main sources of information – mainstream science and mainstream religions – entirely devoid of potential solutions, but they actually contribute to perpetuating everything that has gone so wrong. Now here is the solution in a nutshell.

Nobel Laureate Max Planck, the father of quantum mechanics, told us that consciousness is the source of reality. He said, “I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness.” And as was noted a couple of weeks ago in MIT Technology Review, a surprising recent experiment bears him out! What you and I experience in a limited way as human consciousness is the base creative force that continuously manifests this universe. Consciousness at its highest vibration is the Godhead, so it deserves a capital “C.” Here is some of what we know about Consciousness:
    • Consciousness is in the nature of a form of energy, and it vibrates according to what we experience as emotions. It is important that we understand how powerfully creative our emotions are! When we think hatred- or fear-based thoughts, we are creating negativity in our environment as surely as if we took a flamethrower to a standing forest.
    • At its lowest vibration, Consciousness is fear and every other negative emotion, while at its highest vibration Consciousness is perfect love. The more we strive to turn away from negative emotions and ever more perfecty love and forgive, the higher our personal vibrations will rise.
    • The lower its vibration, the weaker Consciousness is; while at its highest vibration the creative power of Consciousness is infinite. So your having nasty thoughts is going to be considerably less powerful than will be your sharing of pure love and light!
    • Every human mind is part of one Consciousness, not discretely but indivisibly. So for any of us to raise or lower our personal vibratory rate will minutely affect the personal vibratory rate of every other person on earth.
    When taken together, these four points suggest something that experimental evidence supports: just a few people thinking in loving concert can powerfully affect events. British researcher Lynne McTaggart is one of the world’s leading experts in the field of using the power of minds joined together in love to, for example, bring down the crime rate in targeted cities or foster love between Jews and Muslims in the Middle East. Her experiments are described in her wonderful book, The Power of Eight: Harnessing the Miraculous Energies of a Small Group to Heal Others, Your Life, and the World. The great results that she describes are so astounding that they make you want to organize the entire world into groups right now and target every problem with loving mind-energy!

For each of us to raise our personal consciousness vibrations away from negativity and toward ever more perfect love is our first order of business. And it turns out that the teachings of Jesus are the simplest and most effective method for doing that. There can be no clearer proof that Jesus is a genuine historical figure who came from the highest aspect of the Godhead than the fact that two thousand years ago He gave us the only certain answer to the problems that you and I face today!

As Jesus well knew, and as we said last week, raising our individual spiritual vibrations is a matter of simple Consciousness physics. No need to learn to meditate or do yoga; no need to take classes or go to church, and no need even to worry about sin or to practice penance. This is not a matter of earning God’s approval, but instead it is as much a matter of simple physics as are the effects of gravity or the temperature at which water boils. The Gospel teachings of Jesus work efficiently to raise your own spiritual setting, and in fact they are the easiest and most effective method for achieving rapid spiritual growth ever devised. Those teachings may not take you all the way, but they can take you pretty far! If you will carefully follow the five-step process based in the Gospels that was posted last week, you can achieve real spiritual growth within months, and be stabilized at a much higher spiritual level in a single year.

I have received a surprising number of emails from readers since posting that five-step process, nearly all of whom were trying to find a way around their need to forgive everything. They said things like, “I can forgive but I can’t forget.” “He isn’t sorry, so how can I forgive him?” or “I have put it behind me. Why isn’t that enough?” All of which tells me that I was not sufficiently straightforward last week. As A Course in Miracles tells us, there is no order of magnitude to the miracle of forgiveness. Everything can be forgiven! Simply make and release those forgiveness balls all day, every day, until your lazy mind gets over the urgency that you yourself have instilled in it about panicking at every perceived wrong. And it soon will give up. I can promise you that! Your ne’er-do-well brother-in-law or the monster who murdered someone you love doesn’t care whether you forgive him or not, but your learning to forgive without reservation is the greatest gift that you can give to yourself!

The characteristics of people who are vibrating at a much higher rate are easy to spot. Without exception, these people are:
    • Happy. Whenever you meet someone whose core happiness setting seems to be unusually high, you are dealing with someone who is more advanced spiritually.
    • Peaceful. They don’t seem to process events as threats to themselves, but rather they do what they can to address them and quietly allow the will of Spirit to prevail.
    • Humble. They have no interest in personal attention, beyond how they might use it in the service of others.
    • Very slow to anger. People who are vibrating higher cannot be near people who are angry. When attacked, they won’t fight back; but rather, they love and bless and withdraw.
    • Not interested in wealth. Those I know who are more developed spiritually prefer to live simply. If they have more, they want to devote their own surplus to helping others.
    • Loving and supportive. I have never known a spiritually advanced person whose first instinct was not to think well of people, and even of those who were bent on doing harm.
    Or to quote Jesus, “Do not worry … but seek first His kingdom and His righteousness” (MT 6:25-33). “Do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also” (MT 5:39). Whoever exalts himself shall be humbled; and whoever humbles himself shall be exalted” (MT 23:12). “Store up for yourselves treasures in heaven… for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also” (MT 6:19-21). “Love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return… Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful” (LK 6:35-36). And “Be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect” (MT 5:48). Apparently the Lord wasn’t giving us behavioral suggestions when He said those words, but rather He was describing for us the way spiritually advanced people naturally are!

Jesus told us that if you will sufficiently raise your personal spiritual vibration in this lifetime, you will at your death be able to enter the highest vibratory level beneath the Godhead, which Jesus called the kingdom of God. But that is not the primary reason why you and I must make this effort now! Please read again the fourth property of Consciousness given above. Every human mind is part of one Consciousness, not discretely but indivisibly. So for any of us to raise or lower our personal vibratory rate will minutely affect the personal vibratory rate of every other person on earth. And for as few as perhaps ten percent of the world’s population to raise their spiritual vibratory rates will raise the spiritual vibrations of all of humankind enough to begin to bring the kingdom of God on earth. All those others don’t even need to know why they are feeling less angry now, why their first impulse is to want to help others, or why they are happier than they ever have been and they want all the world to be happy, too. The work of raising our personal spiritual vibrations is a matter of consciousness physics, and so also will be our work of raising the consciousness vibrations of all the people in the world.

As we have been saying, you and I know enough now that we really can begin to transform ourselves, and then we can reach out and help others who also want to transform themselves. And as we do that, all of us together will without any further effort be starting the process of utterly transforming every other person on the face of the earth. Now is when it begins! And those in Spirit assure us that if we each will only do our part, it won’t even take us very long. Let us look now at what it will be like when we are living at last in that much better world….