1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

born with severe disabilities

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Storybud68, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Storybud68

Storybud68 Active Member

I often wandered if you were born with severe disabilities and only lived a few months ,what would happen your souls mind would it be always like that?It's hard to imagine choosing to be like that which I've read here,it really doesn't make much sense because you can't really achieve much in life.maybe it's just bad luck as in law of averages that it could happen to a very few.your thoughts greatly appreciated

2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

What happens to one's physical body stays with that physical body. When you die you leave your physical body and all its constraints; you're free again as you were before you incarnated.

Janet likes this.
  3. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

In my opinion, no one chooses to be born with severe disabilities -- or, maybe not "no one", but very few people, if choosing things for our lives is even an option. I think some people are born with disabilities because they unfortunately ended up with the short end of the genetic stick, that's all.

That said, if a person is born with severe disabilities, and if there is actually an afterlife, then I very much doubt that the person would still have those disabilities once dead, since the disabilities are due to genetics and the physical body, neither of which still constrain a person once that person dies.

4. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I wander between accepting that physical, or emotional, impairments may have been chosen for ultimately beneficial (but almost certainly unknowable) reasons and rejecting the whole notion save for a few special cases - such conditions being down to misfortune.

I can readily argue both sides of the conversation! :D

5. Storybud68

Storybud68 Active Member

It's a hard question to answer I know.But surely any soul would not choose to be in that situation as it doesn't seem to be of any benefit.If this was the case then souls surely don t have a choice who they are born as in human form .