1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

BOOKS

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Bill Z, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

The love of my life and I shared a passion for books. We had a favorite Border's when they still existed that we'd go to after a wonderful dinner on a Friday and just hang out. We'd sit together Sunday mornings and read the NY Times book review and find new treasures to fill our already exploding book cases. We'd hang in the park on the palisades overlooking from 400 feet up the NYC skyline and take turns on short walks through the park while the other one guarded the other lover's sacred books.
    I am taking some very beautiful books to a local cafe which is becoming a meeting place for spiritual people, each book has Susie's sweet name on the cover page. It is a loving tribute to Her.
    I'm curious of the books that have influenced, inspired, taught and even angered people who would check out a forum like this.
    I'm taking to the cafe: the Constitution and Bill of Rights, On Walden Pond & Civil Disobedience-Thoreau, Rudolph Steiner stuff, Amerika-Kafka, Nag Hammadi Library and a few others. Planning on taking more stuff to leave around and see what happens.
    Terma's are in Buddhism stuff left for others to find at the right time. Mostly writings. "Buddhism Without Meditation" is one IMO but the title turns people off. Stuff like this I read and it affects me, and sometimes I read it (Especially Buddhism without..) and actually have difficulty concentration but the next few days it filters through me at a deeper level.
    I am thankful for this site and there are many interesting and IMO evolved people here. Just wondering what your "desert island" book wish is.

Monika likes this.
  2. Monika

Monika Active Member

Wow Bill, that's so nice of you! I am sure those books will reach the hands of those who need them most at the time. I would definitely check out that lokal cafe if i would be around♡