1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

books, literature etc.

Discussion in 'Reading' started by Bill Z, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Lola Hoovler

Lola Hoovler Active Member

Thanks, but I don't think so. Something doesn't "smell right" about it.

2. mac

mac Staff Member

That was my reaction from the outset but I tried to remain neutral and to stay away from the discussion.

It's easy for me - perhaps too easy as I grow older - to dismiss much of the stuff apparently originating from incarnates - psychics and sensitives - 'channeling' unidentified sources and following their personal gurus.

3. Lola Hoovler

I know there are a lot of similarities in the afterlife to what we see and experience here, but having a 9 to 5 job and getting a paycheck is just a little too much for me to handle LOL. It makes me wonder if they have unemployment insurance there as well. If there is a situation there that exists, it must be a consensus reality - a place where people go who can't let go of their earth existence. It could possibly exist as long as people invest their thoughts into it.

bluebird likes this.
  4. mac

mac Staff Member

I agree with your conclusions. I've often heard it said that the world of the spirit is the 'real' one and the physical world the illusion but continuing after death the way you've described - because it's felt necessary - is surely nothing other than a manufactured illusion.

bluebird likes this.
  5. Lola Hoovler

Our thoughts and expectations are of paramount importance. Since most people don't realize that we create our own reality, they don't realize that their thoughts (even though they are illusions) are only temporary and last as long as our belief and desire keep them "alive." I suppose that the best way to approach the afterlife is to have no preconceived ideas. Maybe then we will see a reality quite different than what we would experience if we had fixed ideas of what it might be like. For years, I've heard that the world of spirit is the "real" one, but who's to say? My belief in Silver Birch, for instance, might expose me to that kind of spiritual reality, but for someone else, it may be entirely different. I'm convinced of this, so I'm sticking with the teachings of Silver Birch, as he resonates with me and always has, so if he is an "illusion", I'd rather be a part of that illusion than any other I can think of

baob likes this.
  6. mac

mac Staff Member

You know my take on 'real' and illusion - all dimensions that are not the source are as real or as illusory as one another.

If SB is considered a part of an illusion then he's one that many, many others share and I, too, would be content to be part of any such illusion. Whatever the shortcomings of his guidance they work so well for me - along with that from Alpha in 'Soul Trek' - that I have no need for the ideas of modern-day gurus. When they are actively 'channeled' by incarnates then I wonder just how spiritually evolved they are while they're still close to this physical earth plane.

7. Lola Hoovler

"You know my take on 'real' and illusion - all dimensions that are not the source are as real or as illusory as one another."

Absolutely, without question. Interesting take on channeled material. I guess the thought is that higher guides or whatever come down from a higher vibration to teach us things from their perspective. In any event, I agree with you a hundred percent.

8. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

Interesting new book out, which a website says is available on Kindle. It arrived with me this morning by post. I had my spookily successful mediumship reading with this lady in January last year, so sent for the book on publication. I have only flicked through the book, but it claims to test the "boggle threshold" and read like goings-on amongst nineteenth century spiritualists of old. Anyway, members can see what you think:- "Arthur and Me", by Ann Treherne. www.AnnTreherne.com

9. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

Ah, sorry, the website doesn't lead to news of the new book. There are various websites under her name, though. Sorry, I never read Kindle, only print!

10. mac

mac Staff Member

When you're read it properly maybe you'd like to share your thoughts about it? Arthur Conan Doyle was an important name in the movement of Modern Spiritualism.