1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

books, literature etc.

Discussion in 'Reading' started by Bill Z, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Cookie

Cookie New Member

Got it mac. I just reviewed your Rules and Policies, which ban links to commercial sites. Nuff said.

2. mac

mac Staff Member

Not my rules, Cookie. ;) It's Roberta's website and they're her rules although I totally agree with them.

I try to apply the rules the way I think works best for the website although it's sometimes tricky to get the balance right. For the moment active contributors and casual visitors can follow that link and what they find may be of help.

3. Lola Hoovler

Lola Hoovler Active Member

Cookie. This is Lola and I went onto the website you referenced and there was an article there by Si Joash. In it, he stated that the afterlife was almost exactly the same as we are experiencing here. He mentioned jobs, a money system, paychecks, renting houses and cars, etc. He doesn't say where the money is coming from or why cars are needed. He basically said that people still have money problems and stressful situations just like here. I never once ever believed that there are no challenges or problems over there. I never bought into an "airy fairy" Mary Poppins type afterlife, as I believe that is all wishful thinking. However, by virtue of the fact that we no longer have physical bodies, something has got to be different. Any "jobs" I ever heard of there were strictly geared to the service of others, and I never heard of any of them getting a paycheck. What is the sense in changing worlds if that is the case? Anyway, I think that what may be happening here is that these people he talked about are in a consensus reality, as they are unwilling to let go of earthly concerns, and this consensus reality offers them the opportunity to continue their earth lives, as this is more comfortable to them. There are many consensus realities there (most temporary) until people are willing to let go of earthly concerns.

4. Cookie

Cookie New Member

Hello, Lola,

Very curious. Which poster was the first to mention the spirinat website? I saw its mention as a little challenge and found that adding the path /blogspot would create the URL of a usable website, that of Si Joash, or is he just a poster? You apparently read more of it than I did, as I didn't see anything that really interested me.

Interestingly, mac thought it was fit for removal because it was promoting a book, thereby violating the "no commercial links" rule. When I went on the site I saw a graphic of a book cover, but no actual for sale book. Later, after you made this post, I noticed that mac had affixed the path "/blog" rather than the "/blogspot" that I had mentioned. And sure enough, on mac's URL there was indeed a book for sale. mac, I'm sorry I ever doubted you.

Cookie

5. Lola Hoovler

I looked back on previous posts so I could answer your question but couldn't find the original one. Sorry, I did try to find out, but I couldn't find the original one. All I did was click on the spirinat website like you suggested and found the article I mentioned. It did mention that this guy wrote a book.

6. Cookie

Cookie New Member

Lola, no matter, but it does give me an opportunity to make a correction. I did write that I used a URL that included the path "/blogspot". That doesn't work. Actually "blogspot" is a label on the hostname like this: "spirinat.blogspot".

Cookie

7. Lola Hoovler

Oh ok - I know what you're saying.

8. mac

mac Staff Member

The original link to s.....at was posted by a new member who appeared to have joined ALF only to promote the book and/or blog. Her apparent identity did not check out when I did some digging. As I indicated earlier I'm now removing the link from this thread.

9. Lola Hoovler

10. mac

mac Staff Member

You can, of course, continue your conversation about the book, the website, the communicator and the author.