1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

books, literature etc.

Discussion in 'reading' started by Bill Z, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Bill Z

Bill Z Established Member

I am thankful for this site. I just wanted to share these 2 books and some insights I got from them.
    "Wonders at the Veil" Lynn Rollins Stull and "Staying Connected" Rudolf Steiner.
    Rollins book is related to Steiner's work in connecting with loved ones on the other side. IMO both are incredible. Steiner has some exercises that seem strange but are helping me. One is reading spiritual literature to them, makes no sense to me but it reconnected me with my dad this week. I was surfing the web after I asked my father if there was something he wanted me to read to him. Looking at totally different stuff I ended up on a website about C.S. Lewis and his books and have been reading to my father and he has been coming through since.
    None of this is empirical but there is a powerful feeling that I know this to be true.

2. mac

mac Staff Member

It's good you've found something that's helping you, Bill. :)

Bill Z likes this.
  3. Lola Hoovler

Lola Hoovler New Member

How interesting! Rudolph Steiner was a brilliant man and way ahead of his time. If you are impressed with him, you might want to read "Life Between Death and Rebirth: The Active Connection Between the Living and the Dead" (also by Rudolph Steiner)

Bill Z likes this.
  4. Lola Hoovler

Lola Hoovler New Member

There is no such website as s......com. Did you maybe misspell it?

5. mac

mac Staff Member

I fear we may have a tire-kicker here, Lola. If so it won't be for long. ;)

6. Lola Hoovler

Lola Hoovler New Member

LOL. Yeah, I think you're right

7. baob

baob New Member

Thanks for sharing your experience about Rudolf Steiner's book "Staying Connected." I only read through 2/3 of the book so far. The most valuable information was his explanation about the dream with our loved ones. He said the most favorable moment to ask the dead the questions is when we are going to sleep. When we are waking up what we remember the dream is the dead giving answers to us (This is the moment we thought the dream was generated by our own subconscious but actually it wasn't).
    After reading it, I tried it by asking my husband if he still remember my nickname he used to call me. In the morning I was stilling dreaming and hear the song "Never forget about you...." When I woke up and I was very startled, trying hard to figure out what this song is and eventually remember the name of the singer . But I didn't see my husband in the dream.

8. Lola Hoovler

Lola Hoovler New Member

Thanks for recommending those books, Bill. Never heard of the first one, but "Staying Connected" by Steiner, as I recall, was very highly rated. How interesting that Steiner recommended reading spiritual literature to dead loved ones.

9. Cookie

Cookie New Member

Hello, Lola. Forgive me for barging into this thread, but I did so to let you now that s.....t.co/blogspot is a working site. It's admin, or whatever he calls himself is Si Joash. He wrote this about himself:
    "I help people to connect to and develop a relationship with their spiritual selves. I write about clearing stored energy so a person can shake off the shackles of inherited energy and Life energy. This enables them to be who they want to be, not who they were born to be or raised to be."
    Most of the posts seem to be about Covid-19 these days. Surprise, surprise.
    Cookie

10. mac

mac Staff Member

https://.......com/blog

It promotes a book and the address will soon be removed as ALF doesn't allow advertising without prior approval.

link removed March 27