1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Book by Deborah Blum: Ghost Searchers (2007)

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by JCM, Nov 5, 2017.

1. JCM

JCM New Member

This book, subtitled "William James and the Search for Scientific Proof of Life After Death." is one I am sure most here have read. However, I did a quick search on the site and did not find any references to it in previous threads. I can not recommend it more. It's account of Mrs. Piper is rewarding and most persuasive in establishing that she was indeed the "white crow" that William James looked for. The books suggests that her abilities likely waned over time and that a loss of the "gift" is not unusual among aging mediums.

I also saw that in one of the threads there was a reference to Dr. Botkin. I wonder if he is related to Dr. Eugeny Botkin who was the doctor to the last Czar of Russia and was killed with the Imperial Family in Ekaterinburg.

Please, forgive the stream of consciousness of these two unrelated topics!