1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Benevolent Spirit?

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by orangeysky, Apr 26, 2012.

1. orangeysky

orangeysky Member

Hello all. I've been struggling on every level...the whole life thing, purpose, why this/why that, pity party I guess you could say... blah. Anyway, I continue to read suggested books, websites and on this forum lurking probably way more than I should be. Last night I finally fell asleep about 3:30, wheels turning in my head. When I woke up at 5 this am the first thing that popped into my head was "Menevolent" and it just continues to play in my mind. Also when I woke up thinking "Menevolent" I looked out the window and in the trees was what I'm sure was an apparition (is that the correct term?), it was only an outline but it was human form and HUGE, I'm talking like 10-12 feet tall.

So I'm out with the dogs this morning after the child has left for school and I'm talking to this benevolent spirit openly, loudly and sternly to move on, leave me alone, there is help, please find and accept the guide or help and move on, go home!

Or maybe it was a benevolent spirit coming to help me?? I'm not sure now since I inadvertently type "benevolent" when I meant to type "menevolent" Maybe this wasn't a mistake afterall and I misunderstood the original message?

Just needed to share. :)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  2. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Heh - I think you mean malevolent, my friend. :eek:

I think you stumbled upon a shadow being/person. These are rather nasty entities. If you search for "shadow" on this website, you will find more detailed descriptions of these beings, including a couple of first hand accounts. Briefly, they are black, tall figures. They just form the outline of a person, but you don't see details, such as a face. They are typically men and, for some reason, they like to wear top hats.

Essentially, these beings do not really progress successfully on earth so, after death, they consciously choose to stay behind in the earthbound realm. Some fear judgement, others just want to play around with their enemies from life. Foolish. They are very low-level beings, which means that they are powerless. The most they can do is manifest in a darkened room. They have absolutely no power to harm you or your family.

What you'll want to do is either give it advice, or just be plain mean to it. If you really want to help the being, explain that all will be forgiven and suggest that he follow the light. I'm not sure if they would listen and leave the earthbound realm, but it is worth a shot. If you don't feel like going through all that, than just stand up to it and tell it you're not afraid. Laugh at it. These beings only feel power through our fear and, if that is denied, they will go haunt someone else.

I hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2012
  3. Identity

Identity Inactive

Are they capable of seeing light? Maybe the spirit is ignorant of the light and is somehow attached to Earth. In any case, telling it to go away and that it has died is the best thing.

4. orangeysky

orangeysky Member

Yes, that word lol! Thank you. I wasn't at all afraid I just thought "am I dreaming this" but I'm certain that I wasn't. I just kept looking at it in disbelief but not all afraid. I have a mean teenager daughter that is Autistic so not much is scaring me these days. ;). It was outside, within the tree branches, the branches were outlining the figure but not really. More like this thing was standing among the leaves, positioned himself within them. He was a huge fellow though, no top hat just a black human form. After a few minutes of just staring at it I got up and started my day but been thinking about it all day. WHY would he be here trying to bother me, if he thinks he's gonna spook me let him try. I did tell him to find help, guidance and to go home. Like you said, doubt he listened but if I see him again I will do the same tell him to go away, that he is dead and to find help to get home.

5. Thanks for sharing orangeysky!

I have also experienced a negative entity who I tried to help and reason with. It was bothersome that would not leave me alone and let me sleep at night. I was not afraid, but concerned. I sent it love and warmth, but did not work. I tried clearing my home with burning sage, but made it angry. What worked for me was a combination of imagine a white light around me and then completely ignoring the entity, thus giving less energy. I am glad I no longer have this problem.