1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Becoming love

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by kim, Jan 4, 2019.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

my pleasure - Silver Birch was an amazingly articulate and highly knowledgeable communicator.

His words were audio recorded - some recordings can still be heard online - and also recorded by a stenographer. They were published at the time and later compiled into various books. In response to questioning he told his audience he had last incarnated about 3000 years ago. Because he was spiritually-evolved to such an advanced degree he could not communicate directly as his evolved self but took on the persona of a tribal American (Big Jump) becoming widely known as 'Silver Birch'. He had not ever been, however, a tribal American.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    Shaman Traveler and Kurt like this.
  2. jimrich

jimrich Established Member

For ;me, it all began with examining my parents and family past to see why and how I did not do well with love. There wasn't much love and respect in our family so I had to learn what love is - mostly in therapy and then try to incorporate love into my life.....an ongoing, lifelong process as I shed the unloving programing from my past and acquire healthier programing now. It has taken a lot of serious work to undo the mental damages my parents and others did to me long ago but its happening day by day. I guess the foundation for becoming love has to begin with "do unto others what I'd want done unto me." Or simply offer kindness, respect and EMPATHY wherever possible. I am still learning exactly what LOVE is and how to be/do it. Love is terrific stuff!

Kurt likes this.
  3. kim

kim Regular Contributor

Yes, love is terrific stuff.

Kurt likes this.
  4. ChrisGreece

ChrisGreece New Member

First the plan of God or Great spirit or Love is and always has been perfect.You learn the hard way. More difficulty more learning. Here you can learn from suffering or meditation or by helping others.It is a learning place of suffering by design. But in the end love is the supreme force and love will conquer all . So there is hope that earth can become a paradise.

5. kim

kim Regular Contributor

What did you mean when you said "I learn the hard way"? I would prefer an easier way. Any suggestions? Thank-you.

6. ChrisGreece

ChrisGreece New Member

I did talk in general for everyone. Almost every spiritual awakening has always been a destructive progress.
    People become spiritual when they suffer hardships the suffer bad health , lose relatives get betrayed .
    I would prefer an easier way. Sorry there are no shortcuts.
    However you can trade suffering with extreme discipline. Can you meditate 2 hours every day
    for the rest of your life ? It is extremely hard meditating for long.

7. kim

kim Regular Contributor

:)Thanks ChrisGreece