1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Becoming love

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by kim, Jan 4, 2019.

1. kim

kim Active Member

My dream is to live in a world in which everyone who lives there can respect and support others and treat people, who may think differently, with the compassion they deserve. I wish we could be more patient and forgiving of one another. It becomes obvious that we are not awake, as a unit, when I look at the condition of this world. How can we become better at becoming love?

ChrisGreece and Convolution like this.
  2. Ruby

Ruby Active Member

Unfortunately, it seems to be human nature to behave as we do, otherwise things would be different. I don't think the world is really all that bad, but I don't live in war zone, or under a tyrannical regime. Do you think people would change if they believed in an afterlife? Not sure, as conventional religion usually stresses judgement after death and wars and crime continue regardless.

3. mac

mac Staff Member

I see it this way.

When we're away from this dimension that's the kind of world we live in and have always lived in - before this life just as it will happen again after it. We come to experience this world because it's so very different and because what we can experience here is so very different. Without contrasts and differences we'd appreciate love in a different way.

A similar principle applies to many, perhaps most, other situations we experience here.

kim likes this.
  4. kim

kim Active Member

It is really hard to know what humanity needs to become more conscious of peace. I don't feel religion offers any hope. There is no freedom in it.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  5. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Religion kind of traps you into a certain belief to make you feel accepted in a reality that is truly not real much like the Matrix.

However, we came to earth to seek our own truth and reality and only you as the seeker will find the answers. To find the answers as a seeker we need to go through the motions and experience love, pain, happiness, sadness... etc...

It’s so easy to go to church and read from a book and feel like you’ve been ‘saved’ and have all the answers. But there’s nothing like actually going through the struggle in life, that gives you absolute certainty that our existence has more meaning then what meets the eyes.

mac, kim and SashaS like this.
  6. mac

mac Staff Member

Truth is objective, not subjective.

First you'd need to define real and reality.....

What you believe may turn out to be factual rather than simply notional. Check the guidance of those widely seen as authoritative to see if their guidance coincides with your belief. If it does you're on the way to deciding for yourself.

Your emotional/psychological issues likely aren't helping you - and neither is your youth. I don't like playing the senior card but from my experience I'm concluding that older is often better in such matters.

Teacher and guide Silver Birch counselled that his listeners should not accept what he said just because it was him saying it. He said we should not accept what doesn't appeal to our reason.

What is truth? Anything that is true. ;)

Kurt and Shaman Traveler like this.
  7. Great response mac. Do you have some tips on "teachers" to listen too?:)

Edit: RobertaGrimes is without question on the list. I've learnt alot from her aswell as you others here. I feel RobertaGrimes is one of the top authoratives on spirituality. This site really helps in the search for truth. :)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    Kurt likes this.
  8. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

I’ve noted in my previous post that the truth is to be found within the actual seeker which was and still is my viewpoint. I don’t have the answers to every single question that is asked nor was any of us meant to know everything at least on a conscious level.

Subconsciously I believe we are infused with knowledge (hence dreaming, spiritual communication, intuition.. etc...) But it’s simply meant for guidance to help us get to where we need to go on our own paths here on earth.There’s never a definite answer nor solution. There are choices that we can make to help us get towards a certain solution. Those choices are made by the individual.

I’m not a mind reader nor a psychic. But as a friend of Roberta’s and others here I will tell you for sure that every persons lessons in life and what is to be learned is dependent on that individual. It’s not the circumstances we go through that makes the individual, it’s how we deal with those circumstances.

That is my truth as an actual seeker. What is your actual truth Shaman Traveler?

Shaman Traveler likes this.
  9. My actual truth is that there is an objective reality. We have our own subjective truths and they may or may not coincide with objective truth. But the objective truth never changes. Our subjective truths can change over time as we gather more knowledge. As humans we can learn more and discover more about the objective truths, as well as learn more about our own subjective truths, hence one reason why we study spirituality.

10. mac

mac Staff Member

Much of my guidance has come from teacher and guide Silver Birch. His teachings communicated via deep-trance medium Maurice Barbanell have been compiled into many books by various authors and all are worth investigating in my opinion. I've had other guidance but that of Silver Birch I've rarely found wanting and for me his guidance is authoritative. But you must find what works for you and other teachers' ideas may appeal more to your reason.

Shaman Traveler likes this.