1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

beauty, images & music

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Kurt, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

Sadly, no, as husband thought it too expensive! But he thinks everything is too expensive, beyond all reason! There was a documentary on television at Christmas all about it and I am just in awe of the skills and artistry needed to build it. Absolutely stunning. Also, I have a postcard!

Kurt and Monika like this.
  2. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Someone drained the river in San Antonio. It was so surreal to see cars driving around what would normally be 15 feet underwater. It was even more surreal since the entire city was suddenly flooded by militarized patrol cars. (the police in America are like a small military and could quite literally hold off most foreign militaries just long enough for the actual military to arrive.. which isn't long in itself. ) This was just a very wierd day to be downtown.

Attached Files:

3. mac

mac Staff Member

curious - why?

It's a long way from where I am now but as I've said before, the riverwalk was a place we visited in our RVing days and I remember the area.

Kurt likes this.
  4. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

So far as the sudden influx of police... I'm not engirent sure but the president was visiting Austin, and a lot of businessmen were downtown. My guess is that someone very important in the government visited.

So far as the actual draining, every few years the river is drained so it can be cleaned. Otherwise it would slowly fill up with garbage.