1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

beauty, images & music

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Kurt, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

2. Monika

Monika Established Member

My colleague another day was for cloudberries and met a bear who also came to eat them. He was scared and excited same time :)

Kurt likes this.
  3. mac

mac Staff Member

I hadn't heard of cloudberries and looked them up online. They're not something I'm likely to find any time soon where I live! As specific to your neck of the woods, Monika, as huckleberries were to the region we were picking them in.

Monika and Kurt like this.
  4. Bill Z

Bill Z Established Member

My drummer and brother for almost 40 years wrote me a beautiful email and I started thinking about the music we played together all over NYC, Philly and parts of Canada and other places. Because I/we had small children we had to maintain day gigs. My guitar player was backstage with Gilda Radner and Eddie Murphy (Saturday Night Live) one week after playing there and delivering packages to Michael Loren (the producer of SNL) the next week. I couldn't risk that with children.
    But the music brought me so much and I believe it touched others too so I am thankful for that.
    While going through a divorce with the mother of my children I was pretty broken. Seems like this is sometimes a place I live in. After Susie I still live there but it's cool because I can see the beauty of life from this place. Susie was not the mother of my children to be clear.
    In jazz the bass player seldom get's a solo and hardly ever on a ballad. Haha I'm a bit of an egomaniac as my dear friend reminds me because Susie reminds my dear friend and they both seem to enjoy reminding me. So I usually soloed on most tunes. We did this ballad "You Don't Know What Love Is". I wasn't supposed to solo and the tune was ending but I pulled out the bow and I wept through my tears but more spiritually and on another lever I wept through my fingers and my bow and it seemed to touch people there. There was total quiet in the room when I stopped. The band members knew what I was going through and for a while they couldn't even look at me. I don't make any music, I'm a very well oiled machine and I move my hands and fingers according to what comes thru me. That night so much came thru me.
    Susie's last day here in a physical form I played my bass, my 'cello and my guitar for Her. I played the music I posted here because Susie loved it and showed Her sweet love for me whenever I played it. Than I knelt on the bed and proposed to Her like I do every day. Soon there was no breath, sweet heartbeat or pulse.
    Last week I held a wounded sparrow who passed in my hands and it brought back so much. My little friend's body is buried in my yard with some spiritual things to make her journey safe, but I already know my little friend is home. I visit where she is buried and pray some mornings but I know she is long gone from here and as I kissed her sweet little head and beak, she is probably playing is Susie's beautiful hair and kissing Her.
    Yesterday was a very stressful day and Susie was here the whole day and I felt such a feeling of peace and Her hugs and kisses on my left side where She slept.
    THERE IS NO DEATH

summer826, Kurt and SashaS like this.
  5. summer826

summer826 New Member

Gary Moore - Parisienne Walkways

Kurt likes this.
  6. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Breathe
    Suffocation within
    Because of what you're saying
    To understand is to begin again
    To believe is to live again

I tried living my life through your eyes
    Smother me with your ways
    To death, no breath
    You're choking with little faith I have left
    In time I find the truth lies inside

Breathe
    Suffocation within
    Because of what you're saying
    To understand is to begin again
    To believe is to live again

I would die to breathe again

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    Kurt and Gabriella like this.
  7. Monika

Monika Established Member

Finally winter came♡♡ :) 20190930_214121.png

Kurt, Gabriella, summer826 and 2 others like this.
  8. poeticblue

poeticblue member

I would love some of that snow right about now. It’s still very much hot in Atlanta :/

Kurt likes this.
  9. summer826

summer826 New Member

Good afternoon !

[​IMG]

10. mac

mac Staff Member

Kurt likes this.