1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

beauty, images & music

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Kurt, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

This is one of my favorite songs.

And from the best movie of all time.

2. Monika

Monika Established Member

3. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Aww.... Is it a swan? They are my favorite animals.

4. mac

mac Staff Member

Some years ago when we were RVing we fetched up somewhere or other in a national park where a large crowd were excitedly watching something. We couldn't initially see what but as we drove by we were amazed because they were in raptures watching swans along the edge of a lake. Amazed because swans can be found on rivers, ponds and lakes more-or-less anywhere in the UK but then Brit tourists would likely go in raptures about animals in the US that we don't have here - like bears or mooses. :);)

Kurt likes this.
  5. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

You guys are so lucky!!!! We have plenty of ducks out here in San Antonio. They sleep near the Riverwalk and even in the water sometimes. I love hiking the trails at 4AM because that's when they start to wake up and they walk up to you as well if you sit still. It's pretty cool. but the only swans I know of are up in Georgetown near the river.

I remember the first time I came back to Texas from Hawaii I was so amazed to see a squirrel. I had a severe case of Island fever and could not wait to come back. Now I miss it more. I got so sunburnt (I volunteered at a local homeless shelter passing food out to the community) the other day I was pinker than Dana White and got a cold because I drank cold water in the parking lot (it shocked my body is my guess.)

As far as bears go...

When i was 8 I was staying at my uncle's blueberry farm up in Oregon. It was a giant property and this bear saw me at the edge of a field and it was just walking around normally. I went inside and headed up to the 3rd floor patio to watch it. It was very fun. This was in the Oregon countryside so stuff like this happens a lot out there.

I haven't seen a moose yet but I can say this. The owls you see out here in the hill country or sparsely populated plains can be downright terrifying at times. They will do things like sit on a pile of wood, a stump, a roof and just stare at you. The can grow a little bit taller than 2 feet but when they are sitting on something they can look several feet taller and at night from a distance this gives the appearance of them being 4 ft. + tall. On top of this their wingspans are about 5 feet and believe me. If you are on your porch and you see a owl at a distance that appears to be 4 feet tall staring at you while spreading it's wings you will freak out, lol. :D:D

But you guys are lucky with the swans.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    jobun likes this.
  6. mac

mac Staff Member

I guess we are lucky having so many swans but they're so commonplace we don't see it that way. Every season we see cygnets appear and grow into youngsters and the following season they are young adults, easily recognisable because of their slim, elegant necks and neat, slim bodies, just like humans. As they get older their bodies thicken and their necks fatten - just like humans! :D

I'm afraid of bears - period. When we hiked certain areas I was never comfortable and would avoid places where recent sightings had taken place.

We were once with friends who took us huckleberry picking on hills where bears also hunt that amazing fruit. Luckily the bears go looking later in the season and it made me wonder how much fruit would be left for them because so many humans were picking on almost an industrial scale.

The bears, though, would likely be able to reach areas of the woods that humans find too difficult to make picking there worthwhile - I hope.

jobun and Kurt like this.
  7. Monika

Monika Established Member

Yes. This one we met on the beach. She was just walking and enjoying sand and sun

jobun and Kurt like this.
  8. Bill Z

Bill Z Established Member

Starting to play music again maybe. i used to play a lot of solo bass and 'cello gigs around NYC and Philly and once I was playing a Spanish piece "la Historia de Amor" and as I Played it Susie got up and started singing the words and many in the audience joined her. My friend Matt Richards first introduced me to that beautiful tune many years ago. Whenever I played it after that Susie got people to join in and sing and dance.
    She was so loving and supportive of me and although She is always here my simple human understanding and eyes miss Her sweet physical presence so.

summer826, jobun and Kurt like this.
  9. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Dang Bill!!! That's great!! Do you have any more songs like it?

jobun likes this.
  10. Bill Z

Bill Z Established Member

Thanks Kurt, I'll look.

Kurt likes this.