1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

beauty, images & music

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Kurt, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

I agree.

Luna likes this.
  2. mac

mac Staff Member

As a forum-based website user a troll to me is someone with mischievous/ malicious and disruptive intent. I don't spend time elsewhere to see if/how things differ from that. I don't know how I might have approached things had the web existed when I was much younger but for the whole of the time I've been online - probably since 2003 regularly - my approach to websites and forums such as these, and the folk who use 'em, has never changed significantly.

I often wonder if folk will become bored with using the web in the ways they do. Or will its use change in ways we can't anticipate with new problems arising alongside current ones. My guess is that it's the latter situation that's more likely.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    Kurt likes this.
  3. mac

mac Staff Member

quote: "I find beauty in light entertainment.

It is quite chuckle inducing how Every time I log on there's a new ancient text thread that gets taken down and revived every few days. Also how the same continuously debunked source is cited.

I'm not being petty or condescending. Im just young. I find things like this funny, but a few more times and it would just be a nuisance.

So.... That makes me wonder.... What is everyone else's threshold of tolerance concerning light entertainment?

Particularly trolls? I have seen trolling done so effectively that the hosts actually WANT to be trolled because it is simply a impressively clever and entertaining person orchestrating the nightmare and at the same time I have seen trolls that last 5 seconds yet still cause a fury of laughter and are missed dearly once gone. What gets me are ones so low tier (bad quality) that they are unanimously hated."

On sites intended as entertainment I suppose it should be expected there will be entertainers of all kinds, whether they are seen or described as trolls or not. Tolerance of their behavior will be down to members preparedness to accept what they do (I'd guess) and in line with any rules set by the site operators. As I explained elsewhere. though, I don't use such sites and ALF is most certainly not intended for entertainment. When a troll is identified or strongly suspected action is taken to limit disruption.

Kurt and Luna like this.
  4. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

One of our white tigers :)

Attached Files:

Luna likes this.