1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

beauty, images & music

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Kurt, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Monika

Monika Established Member

The land is owned by the state and to build there is alowed just for sami people who has reindeers in those mountains. So by my own i would not get a permission to build up there. There are other cabins around who belong to the family of my friend who has permission to build there. Also beside the cabin we build now is foundations of 3 buildings for living and a school which were built many years ago when people actually still lived in the mountains. Its lovely and very active neighbourhood i must say. Today i was pushing some isolation around windows and felt someone so close looking behind my shoulder that actually had to look back. It felt so nice :) when we were there few weekends ago building in late eve both me and my friend we heard steps outside. When we went out no one was there. So we all time feel watched over. Its a very comforting feeling :)

Construction, isolation material and everything else we pulled up by snowscooters. We were 6 scooters in all. It took about 2 hours with heavy loads to drive those 20 km. So its pretty fast :)

The cabin is sited near a beautiful lake called Rautas.

Kurt and Reflective like this.
  2. Monika

IMG-20190505-WA0009.jpg

SashaS likes this.
  3. Monika

IMG-20190505-WA0005.jpg

Kurt likes this.
  4. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Those are nice pictures! I'm glad you are having fun. Great land too!

5. mac

mac Staff Member

thanks, Monica - I'm always interested how folk get permission to build and where the structure is built. Here in the UK it's very difficult to find land on which to build but in the US where I live in winter it's just the opposite.

Yours is in a beautiful location but the snow and cold would not work for me - I like to be warm.:)

6. Monika

Hihi yes, this would be not a place to live for warmth lover. But for me it fits very well. I woke up today and everything is white again. Snow came back after few weeks of heat wave. And for me its very fun to see during spring time lokals walking around in tshirt and short and winter boots. Few weeks ago it was really warm, +20 degrees so everybody jumped in summer outfit. But last week snow and cold came back so winter clothes came back on a line. By myself i never fit with my clothing during springtime. Most of the time i choose wrong clothing and still not used to have some extra warm clothes in car or at ofice like most people have here :)

Bill Z, Gabriella and Kurt like this.
  7. Gabriella

Gabriella New Member

It never snows here. The news always says it is, but Georgia can never make up it's mind :( . When I was in 3rd grade, there was a blizzard! That was exciting, but the snow only lasted for about 3 days. I hope it snows next winter :D

Kurt likes this.
  8. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

True story. I swear this happened.

When I was 7 it snowed on my birthday in Ft Hood Texas. I was born on 7-22-2000.

Talk about foreshadowing climate change.

It was a extremely thin layer though but still amazing.

9. Monika

Oh that's sad to hear! Lets hope you will get some white and sparkly snow next winter and for now i can send a picture of it :)
    Its been snowing a lot last days here.
    20190508_065745.jpg

Bill Z and Kurt like this.
  10. mac

mac Staff Member

Snow is just dandy in the right place but atypical snowfall may be an unwelcome and alarming consequence of obvious global climate changes.

I hope I'm wrong but my major concern for our world is two-fold and has absolutely nothing to do with more folk understanding about survival beyond death.

Kurt likes this.