1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

beauty, images & music

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Kurt, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

I feel like people focus too much on the bad in life without seeing any good. Why not look at the good? I truly believe that you can raise your level of Spirituality by focusing more on the good in life.

No matter where you are. The city or the country. I'm going to try and post some pictures of America. Maybe everyone can join in?

There's beauty all around us. We should focus on it.

kim and Bill Z like this.
  2. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

3. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

My picture is to big to directly upload, but I shared a link.

I hope others start sharing as well.

4. Bill Z

Bill Z Well-Known Member

Great post. I've had a loss that I will never get over but I am becoming more and more open to the Beauty that surrounds us and it makes grief more bearable. I spent the summer in Europe and NYC area and the beauty in the cultural differences is wonderful. The people, the architecture and scenery, nature, all so different and beautiful. People from 7 different countries were just great maybe because my NYC defenses were down. It took a while but the intensity and stress left. Thanks to people around me.

Kurt, what you said about focusing too much on the bad is spot on. Coming to a laid back place from the energy (good and not so good) and stress of NYC was an adjustment. I was focused ton too much bad but I chilled out over time with a little help from my friends. Back in the NYC energy again I lost it for a while. I was in the NYC subway last week and running down the streets, homeless people, so many running...running to what? So it took a few days to sink in and today I was off the hook crazy focusing too much on the bad stuff but it's ok now. If anyone I know reads this sorry for my stress today. Peace.

Kurt likes this.
  5. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

I agree. I'm in San Antonio.... There are crazies and lost souls here as well...

I plan on going to NYC soon. Maybe you can tell me some spots to go to.

About the pic, it is the San Antonio Riverwalk.

Bill Z likes this.