1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

be it ever so humble......

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by mac, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Lola Hoovler

Lola Hoovler Active Member

I know they offer various courses there and have a huge lecture hall called the Barbanell Centre, and there is a magazine they publish - probably monthly - called SNU. They may have even more than that for members. It would be nice if they had a newsletter for members, as there could be some interesting material there.

2. mac

mac Staff Member

I believe the printed newsletter and/or the magazine comes part of the annual subscription. I won't know 'til I get home so we'll just have to see what's in there - I'll try to remember to let you know. The Barbanell Centre is to honor Maurice Barbanell, the guy who as you'll already know was the deep-trance medium for Silver Birch.

How I would have loved to have been a fly-on-the-wall when they met up again after Barbanell's passing. :)

3. Lola Hoovler

I often thought the same thing. It had to be awesome for Barbanell and Silver Birch to meet.What an honor it would be to meet Silver Birch, although I think he is a collective. It doesn't matter - meeting Silver Birch would be my idea of heaven. Who knows - he might be very interested in meeting with those who loved his teachings. I tend to think he would.

Anyway, I'm sure the newsletter and probably the magazine will be available to you free of charge as part of your membership. That was a good idea.

4. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Active Member

Those are great questions. I like the theory that things are much, much better on the other side, but are similar to here. I wish we knew for sure. But from our perspective here and now and based on what we know, I think that would be a really good thing.

5. Lola Hoovler

It would be very difficult for people to be comfortable in a totally different kind of environment at first, so if it's true that people can create their own reality, they are much more likely to create one that is familiar to them rather than one they can't even imagine.

6. mac

mac Staff Member

To "know for sure" you first have to be confident that we survive death and live on elsewhere.

If that surety were to have to come from hearing from a loved one then it would become difficult for many, myself included. I haven't had any direct contact BUT there's such an abundance of information from others that I don't have any uncertainty. Added to that I've researched and studied. Hence now I'm able to 'listen' to what those-we-used-to-say-are-dead about their new lives and compare their varied accounts of what they're experiencing with what teachers and guides have told us.

I don't have doubts about the general picture but totally accept there will be variation in what folk say. Just think how our own versions of our lives and our environments in this world would vary hugely. Hence I feel I "know for sure" about the generality and the principles if not the exact details in every case.....

7. mac

mac Staff Member

I see things more simply.

I would expect a familiar, comfortable environment to be experienced early after we pass over more-or-less as an outcome of our personal spiritual 'vibration'; our likes and dislikes creating it without our conscious input.

After a period (whose length will vary considerably I'd imagine), and dependent on individual prior experience and spiritual development we may move on to 'fine-tuning' our situation. I'm not confident how many of us will feel the desire to do that to any great degree - I guess it comes down to how flexible we are about our surroundings etc.

That situation is not so very different in this world - some people are much more comfortable with unfamiliar situations than others. Not me; I like to feel I know where I am and what I'm doing. I don't care for unfamiliar and/or unpredictable.

8. Lola Hoovler

I would expect a familiar, comfortable environment to be experienced early after we pass over more-or-less as an outcome of our personal spiritual 'vibration'; our likes and dislikes creating it without our conscious input.

After a period (whose length will vary considerably I'd imagine), and dependent on individual prior experience and spiritual development we may move on to 'fine-tuning' our situation. I'm not confident how many of us will feel the desire to do that to any great degree - I guess it comes down to how flexible we are about our surroundings etc.

These 2 paragraphs are 100% true, Mac, according to the Monroe Institute, mediums and out of body travelers. Since there is no time there as we know it, no one can accuse anyone of "spending too much time in one place." It is totally our decision. This makes perfect sense, as what good would it do to force people to move on before they felt a desire to do so. There would be no point in that. I do believe that to evolve is the nature of the universe, but "time" plays no role in this and that decision is strictly our own.