1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

be it ever so humble......

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by mac, Feb 13, 2020.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

Reflecting today on our place here and our home in the UK and the journeys we make back and forth it occurred to me - as it often has before - how tied most of us humans are to specific points, our homes. We may be frequent world travelers but end up returning to a tiny patch of ground unless we're luck enough to have large estates on which we live - I don't! :D It occurred to me that I have no idea what our friends and family unseen live in.

Oh I accept that thought can create objects 'over there' so we could create for ourselves whatever kind of home we desire. It will then remain in existence for as long as we choose to maintain it that way. But, I wonder, is it just a transient desire, one carried over from earth life but one that will fade?

I've wondered if we'll continue to feel the need for a 'little home of our own'? Or will we soon progress into not needing - and not desiring as we do now - somewhere specific to live? Could we simply be without needing a particular place to be? We know we won't need to eat so we won't need to cook either. We won't need to shower or even sleep or come home from work to and bring up our kids in......

So once we're adjusted to living again in the etheric dimension why would we need a 'place of our own'?

2. Lola Hoovler

Lola Hoovler Active Member

It's just a habit. We spent our whole lives in houses, so it wouldn't be easy to just not desire homes any more. I hear they can be fashioned out of our desire for a particular type of home. Depending on the person and how much they desire to progress, any home we create will no longer serve a purpose. However, by then, all attachments to earthly material things will have disappeared as the much higher realms are indescribable in any way we would understand..

3. mac

mac Staff Member

It's more than a habit because a solid home is near-essential for the survival and comfort of regular gals and guys.....

But I get your point and although we'll not need 'a place of our own' at some indefinable point it might be quite some 'time' - quite some spiritual progress we need to make - before that point arrives. It's moot whether we'll have moved on that far before we're again feeling the urge to experience another incarnation so it's possible we might live in a self-fashioned dwelling right up to that point.

As for losing our attachments to earthly things - and any facsimiles - it's something we'll just have to wait to find out about. For me that point may be closer than yours as I'm a male and statistically females live longer! :D;)

4. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

If there is an afterlife, assuming we can manifest whatever we want, and assuming that my husband is amenable to it, then once I join him there I want us to "live" in a Victorian house, right by a beach/ocean and a forest; we will live (along with our pets, and eventually our other family members and loved ones) the life we should have had here on Earth.

Perhaps eventually, after whatever passes for many years in the afterlife if it does exist, I will no longer feel it necessary to "live" in that house all the time, but then again, I might.

My husband and I were cheated out of the life we should have had here. We did have nearly 13 years together as a committed couple, for which I am infinitely grateful, but then he died one week after our wedding, and I don't think I will ever not be devastated by that; if there is a god, I don't think I will ever forgive it for allowing it. I need for my husband and I to live the rest of our lives together as we intended, and if it can't be here, then it will be there (if there is a there).

5. kirolak

kirolak New Member

I hope to live in a beautiful landscape, green, with lush forests, waterfalls, animals, people I loved, & temperatures neither too hot nor too cold. . . paradise! For a few millenia, before I move on to a place of lights, colours & music. :) I would sleep in soft grass (or pretend to!) & wake to the sunlight & bird song. Of course, it would all be my own creation, but I suppose everything is, in a way, right now. I really do not want a physical incarnation again.

6. Lola Hoovler

7. mac

mac Staff Member

It's hard to imagine we'd ever want to return to live again in this physical world but right now we see things mainly from the perspective of an incarnate.

After we get back, after we again become familiar with why we had been there this last time (or for our very first), after we've taken a look-see at what we'd planned and what worked out, after all those things maybe we'll see matters in a different light? Something similar is certainly what's been taught we'll find by spiritually-advanced guides and teachers.

But after we get used to being back there's likely to be a period before we're ready to return to earth if we decide we're coming back at all. For a while we'll enjoy getting home and re-acquainting ourselves with what we could do before, perhaps learning to do something new. And at that point I feel sure we'll create, or be helped to create, for ourselves - and maybe others we'd like to share with us - the kind of surroundings we think we'll want.

We might find there's already places we'd like to live in but then create there 'our own little place'. From what we hear there are many, different communal areas. Maybe there we'll find what we like without needing to do any more than 'fine tuning' the area locally to meet our particular needs.

How long earth-equivalent-time we'll want to remain in any particular surroundings will vary - I'd guess - from individual to individual and from the earth perspective I think it's guesswork.

baob likes this.
  8. Lola Hoovler

Those statistics only apply to people who die of natural causes and old age. Once a terminal illness is in the mix, it doesn't matter what gender you are. This may sound crazy, but I wonder if some of those homes that were occupied by people who have since moved on are offered to newcomers. Also, without the need for a bathroom or cooking area, what in the world could they consist of? It will take some time to forget about ALL earthly things, but I'm starting to lose interest in many of those things now - sort of like a "been there, done that" kind of attitude.

9. mac

mac Staff Member

Assuming you're referring to my postings the statistics are those produced by various statistical offices.

I didn't throw terminal illness into my reckonings as I don't have a terminal illness.

What homes, where? Offered by whom to which newcomers?

I don't know what homes you're on about!

And so am I..... But I'm still interested for others who will continue to be affected after I've kicked the bucket. As I've remarked before, though, I have no idea whether I'll retain that interest and concern when I'm 'dead and gone'.

10. Lola Hoovler

I was talking about the houses we create when we die. We create them according to our own taste etc. or so I heard. I was wondering if the ones created and lived in by those in the afterlife could be made available for newcomers (newly dead people) after the original occupants move on to places of higher vibration.. I meant it as a joke, but when you think about it, why couldn't it be true? Since we won't have the need for a bathroom or kitchen, I just wondered what they would look like.

I'm glad you don't have a critical illness or condition. Consider yourself lucky == I wish more of us could say that.