1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Baby Steps

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by mac, Jan 14, 2019.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

I’ve often suggested that enquirers need to learn and understand ‘the fundamentals’ before trying to make sense of bigger issues. The obvious retort to that would be “Well what are the fundamentals?” There are a number of them, an important one being what do we mean by this word ‘spirit’?

Anyone can consider her/his spirit as ‘the real me’. A spirit provides an individual’s ‘life force’, the special something that results in the person being alive.

Although a spirit is deeply linked to its body, individual spirits are mostly not visible or tangible in this earth dimension. From birth or before our individual spirit interpenetrates and animates the developing form that will grow into a person who will experience independent life. When this happens the new, young individual can be said to have incarnated.

Eventually our bodies die but not so our spirits. We say they are eternal – they don’t die even though our bodies do.
    At death each animating spirit is again freed from the physical ‘overcoat’ it had been using during its time in the physical world. The spirit then returns to the world it earlier came from, a place some call The Summerland and others call Heaven.

2. zilch

zilch New Member

Can you share the source(s) of these fundamentals?

3. mac

mac Staff Member

spirit guides

4. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Your local bookstore, the library, and/or the internet perhaps? There are plenty of threads and resources shared on this forum as well to help guide you as to where the sources of information on this forum comes from. Have you taken the time to read Roberta’s or R. Craig Hogan’s studies? Please start there if you haven’t.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  5. zilch

zilch New Member

Thanks. I do think that knowledge (especially extraordinary one) should be sourced.

Convolution likes this.
  6. mac

mac Staff Member

This whole topic is about fundamentals.

The source(s) of that simple information were the spirit teachers and guides who have communicated for recent decades through mediums. Their words are recorded in books compiled over those decades, some of those books probably still in print and available from book sellers. Some are readable online and/or downloadable.

I have no extraordinary knowledge - I put together their guidance using my words and phrasing to create - I hope - a simple explanation of the subject.

7. kim

kim Regular Contributor

Does the image of the body travel with the spirit? Does the image exist in the dimension that suits its frequency? Can spirit indwell the image again in its dimension if spirit wants to? Is the image without the spirit even alive?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  8. mac

mac Staff Member

If 'image' means 'appearance' then from what I understand the appearance of a spirit after its transition to the etheric world is similar to that of the body it last animated.

Not sure what you mean, kim.

Can't understand this either.

An image of anything is inanimate, just as in our world.

9. kim

kim Regular Contributor

Appearance? Appearance of the spirit?
    Is the appearance ever separated from the spirit? All planes of dimension are animated by spirit? The same spirit existing at different vibrations?

10. mac

mac Staff Member

When I said 'appearance' I simply meant what it looks like. I see why you were unsure what I was meaning - what a perfect example of the difficulty we humans experience sometimes when we're 'talking' to one another.

How much more room there is for confusion or a failure to understand when a discarnate has communicated a message telepathically to a go-between, the medium, perhaps using images, symbols and even words that are picked up by the medium clairaudiently. The medium then has to translate all the information she's picking up into coherent sentences to deliver to the sitter who then has to try to identify with the information she's been given!

It's a wonder trans-dimensional communication works properly at all yet it can and does! :);)