1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Attacked after trying to contact grandparents

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Tdawnj, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Tdawnj

Tdawnj New Member

I need help on something that's plagued me for years. I grew up close to all four of my grandparents. When my grandma died, it was the first real loss I had suffered. I was 13 or 14 and too frightened to go to her funeral. So I didn't go. I also was terrified at the thought of my dad using that venue as an opportunity to get me "saved". He was hardcore baptist and I was the only one in the family who hadn't taken the walk down the aisle for salvation.
    When I skipped the funeral, I was too ashamed to face my grandpa and it affected our relationship afterwards. My mom even held it against me for years.
    Yesterday, I stopped by the cemetery to speak to them both and tell them how sorry I was and how grateful I was for the childhood they offered. I asked them to give them a message to my husband, since he seems to be able to speak with the dead .
    That night, I had a sudden attack of some sort. It was very brief, maybe 5 or ten minutes at most. I had bad stomach pains, nausea, feeling terribly hot and sweaty. It was instant and over almost as quick.
    I'm afraid it may have been my grandpa telling me to f off. At his funeral, my mom gave me one of the roses from his casket. I put it on the counter that night and the next morning it had completely disappeared. I also had dreams about him around that time but in the dreams he was always furious with me.
    Anyone know what else I can do besides saying sorry ?
    He may have also been upset because of my choice in a husband. Around that time I had married a dirtbag. I've since divorced and married someone better. Any thoughts?

2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

What does it matter what your grandpa thinks? This is your life and not his and he should be getting on with his own life 'over there' and not hanging around you.

If he's furious or whatever that's his problem and not yours. Walk your own path, make your own mistakes, enjoy your own successes.

Do you want to please others or do you want to live the way you choose?

SashaS and Auras like this.
  3. Tdawnj

Tdawnj New Member

It
    I understand what you're saying, but it has always mattered very much to me what he thinks. I just wanted to put the story out there to see if anyone else has a different feeling about what might be going on?
    Sometimes we are just too close to the situation that we don't always have the proper perspective. I just wanted a different perspective.
    Thanks for the response. In the end you're absolutely right ☺

4. mac

Can't see the wood for the trees..... You're right too. You're too close, tooo involved, too emotional to figure what's happening.

You have choices: firstly to carry on worrying and feeling muddled, confused. Secondly is to 'walk away' and declare "No more." You can't change from here how your gramps will feel about you - only he can do that and making the change is what he needs to do for his own peace. If you're persuaded by the second option then tell him so - in your thoughts or out loud. Whatever you need. He'll pick it up and then it's over to him.

Just remember that if he loved you before he'll still love you but you both have separate lives to lead - for now.

5. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

That sounds very much like a panic attack, which often has physical symptoms.
    Perhaps you were feeling anxious about whether or not your grandparents would contact you, or what they would "say".
    What you felt was not necessarily your grandparents doing anything.

Convolution, mac and ravensgate like this.
  6. mac

Excellent reply, bb - I experienced similar after the death of our baby son - they're horrible and everything feels so 'real' at the time. I hadn't thought of that. :oops:

7. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I am, unfortunately, intimately familiar with panic attacks.

8. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear Tdawnj, please know that in nearly fifty years of studying communications received by various means from people that we used to think were dead, I have NEVER seen or heard of a dead person using the F-Word, or even seeming to be thinking it! I also have never heard of a relative or loved one that was abusive to the living; on the contrary, they might ask our forgiveness, but from where they are they are quick to forgive us. I think your problem is that you now blame yourself for things you did long ago, and you are steeped in fear-based, guilt-based Christian dogmas that are distorting your view of your beloved grandparents. Please, above all, forgive yourself! Once you do that, you should be able to be in touch with deceased loved ones pretty easily. If you would like my book on the topic, please just email me at info@robertagrimes.com and I will send it to you in PDF.

mac likes this.
  9. mac

Well I reckon there are two brilliant analyses above of the situation..... You just have to consider each and see which appeals more to your reason. :)