1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Astral travel and the after life

Discussion in 'NDE and OoBE' started by Storybud68, Jan 4, 2019.

1. mac

mac regular contributor Staff Member

It's also interesting to consider exactly what / who is travelling away from her/his physical body. I call that part of 'us' our 'animating spirit'(s) but I wonder how an 'animating spirit' is actually perceived by those who interact with 'it'??? [​IMG] (whatever word is used to denote whatever it is)

One for Mikey, maybe?

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Yes, you might ask Mikey, although he never astral traveled 0r - we think - met an astral traveler, and he might not actually know how we would be perceived. From all that I have read, and reports of the reactions others have who meet us out of body, my guess is that we look like our earth-bodies, but perhaps not quite solid, and we trail our silver cords. That cord is a give-away that we are minds outside of physical bodies!

Nirvana likes this.
  3. mac

mac regular contributor Staff Member

I think much the same about likely appearance but I'm hoping that if Mikey doesn't know first-hand then he'll be able to ask someone who does.... ;)

Pulling our legs now but I wonder where it trails from - is it like a long thin silver tail!? :D Who thought mac was a dour old curmudgeon?

4. Nirvana

Nirvana Active Member

apparently looks like this: [​IMG]

5. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

The silver cord certainly didn’t look like a ‘string’ in my one experience where I think I saw it. It looked like a translucent beam with a bit of color reflecting from it that was connected near the center of my body as I was floating in the air during a lucid dream.

Perhaps our silver cords may be unique depending on the individual which I never thought to look at it that way... maybe they aren’t. Would love to hear Mikey’s insight.