1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Astral travel and the after life

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Storybud68, Jan 4, 2019.

1. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

The astral plane is not the actual afterlife. You can visit with your guides and deceased loved ones there but it’s not the afterlife.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  2. kim

kim Active Member

When In the astral, I felt protected up to a point, but then things started to get messed up. It seemed like I was shown things to instill endurance within myself or something to reach for here on earth, and to some degree the experiences have been manifesting in my current life since 1983. I can't really say, since that is just what it seems like.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

One analogy might be a desert with one big capital city in it. The capital city is in the desert, but it is gloriously green and full of flowers and magnificent buildings! The desert, though vastly bigger than the city, is empty except for some small oases and another smaller city or two. Right?

So, the astral is the desert. Much bigger than the organized city, chaotic, with lots of stuff in it but widely scattered and not organized. Even some smaller cities! And some bad stuff, too, but the neutral-to-positive seems to predominate. The city would be our afterlife, and it even has an energy barrier around it to keep what is in the astral (including living people who are astral-traveling) from getting in. Once in, they lose their silver cord and become citizens of the afterlife. Okay so far?

Citizens of the city - the afterlife - need to go outside it into the desert - the astral - in order to meet with their living relatives, so they do that. Every meeting we have with dead loved ones or guides happens in a pre-arranged place in the astral, often a garden or some-such in a little oasis, but possibly also a spot in a small city. My guides generally meet with me in a wood-paneled conference room that sometimes has windows on one side and sometimes does not.

Understood now?

Storybud68, Nirvana and mac like this.
  4. mac

mac Staff Member

I generally like analogies and I particularly like this one! :) thanks to you-know-who for that, Roberta - nicely impressed on you ;)

(The desert aspect especially appeals as that's where I'm presently living - wonder if he took that into account? ;))

5. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Heh - What I love is that when he gives me this stuff, I feel really smart ;-).