1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Astral travel and the after life

Discussion in 'NDE and OoBE' started by Storybud68, Jan 4, 2019.

1. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Oh, I whole heartedly agree with that. I understand the difference between the astral realm and the afterlife. I know that we dont transition into the afterlife until our cord is severed. I guess what I was trying to express is that astral travel accounts help to provide evidence that we live beyond an earthly existence. I guess the way I interpreted Nirvanas post wasn’t the way you interpreted it and I can see how. I guess this astral traveler should have explained herself better. Sorry about that :) Appreciate your responses as usual Roberta.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  2. kim

kim Active Member

This is something I distinctly recall from the NDE I experienced; I was not permitted to enter the afterlife. I couldn't understand why, and that is the reason I wouldn't wake up from the coma ( it seemed that way). I wanted to keep trying to be "good" enough to get there, so I kept experiencing all this astral stuff. I was told I would achieve no maturation where I was. I always asked when in the world I would ever be permitted to be in a world full of peace and comfort. I was informed that I had to finish the life designated for me to mature, and I was supposed to be in the right place. I think that the main thing I need to do is erase the ego.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  3. Convolution

Convolution Active Member

Sometimes I am curious and interested in opinions, even if other times I seek evidence.
    Personally, I haven't encountered strong evidence for some of the concepts I see in the forums, so all I see are opinions- including yours.
    It's interesting you say people are to come here for evidence, as when I have asked for said evidence I was told by you and Mac to stop asking questions and go research and read about it elsewhere. In any case, I have been doing as suggested and continue to read, looking for said evidence.
    What evidence I have found, I had done so prior to joining, when researching topics such as NDEs, studies on mediumship, children's spontaneous past life recalls, and so on. What evidence there is I find extremely interesting, but unfortunately not quite yet enough in my opinion yet, as more work and more controlled studies need to be done. I have also read of plenty of anecdotal accounts and circunstancial evidence, but they are only tangential interesting, as they may provide guidance but not get us a whole lot closer to some "truth". I came to the forums searching for deeper evidence, and will continue to do so in case you have it. The section for evidence of the afterlife here seems light on it, though.

Perhaps you aren't looking for seekers of evidence, but simply followers?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019 at 10:24 PM
  4. Convolution

Convolution Active Member

Thank you for answering Kim, it gives me more insight into what you went through.
    Thanks.

5. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Convolution, all I have ever seen you ask for is scientifically replicable evidence. Material evidence. Concrete evidence. Well, it does not exist, it cannot exist, and nor will it ever exist, not even when we have an ap that will fairly reliably let us call great-great-great Aunt Mildred and get her recipes. We have told you that repeatedly, but our efforts to help you get beyond this obsession have been fruitless. So, yes, since that is your immovable standard, those of us who are spending nearly every spare minute helping people with more open minds who really need our help, who will do some directed research, and who are grateful for the fact that we give our lives to helping them find peace in their lives have wearied of trying to satisfy your impossible demands. And incredibly, not only do you continue to demand the impossible, but you even feel free now to be cranky with us about the fact that we no longer have time to play your pointless game? Good grief.