1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Astral travel and the after life

Discussion in 'NDE and OoBE' started by Storybud68, Jan 4, 2019.

1. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Hmm well then I guess I misunderstood something. I know that astral traveling isn’t permenent death and that it may not give us all the answers about everything there is to know about the afterlife, but I feel that reputable OBE accounts from astral travelers can give us just as much insight about what lays beyond the veil of earth’s plane than someone who may not have experienced (or recalled) an astral projection. Im not saying that astral travelers know more than an afterlife researcher and I know that there is a difference between the astral realm and afterlife. But I feel that the people who can share their experiences of the astral realm (the bridge to the afterlife) are just as useful and just as equally helpful compared to someone who may not have had an out of body experience first handedly.

Afterlife researchers and helpers like you Roberta I appreciate, but I also appreciate the accounts from people who can recall and share their astral experience. Ive always highly recommended that people research and study up on astral/afterlife matters from reputable afterlife researchers and not to go in completely blind about these things. That’s one of the reasons I joined these forums and come to the likings of Craig Hogen and Jurgen. But reputable accounts from people who can recall or induce their astral travels are helpful as well if not to merely further prove that we do exist beyond our earthly lives.

I hope that made sense. If I misunderstood something somewhere let me know. :confused:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Nirvana and Convolution like this.
  2. kim

kim Active Member

I was CONFUSED to the max while in the astral realm. There were times when everything would be blissful, and it seemed as though I had the will to wake up, but when I was left alone to wake up, everything got very dark. I became frightened and refused to wake up, and then the dreams in the astral realm began. I can't really say whether it was me who chose to wake up or if I was waiting on my body.

3. kim

kim Active Member

That is just what it felt like, Roberta. A great BIG playground! However, when I was in the astral, no matter where I was, it seemed like everyone knew me, but I didn't know anyone. Is the astral just a mish-mash of consciousness?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  4. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

I understand. And OBEs and NDEs are often beautiful and inspirational! One thing that nearly all of them tell us is that beyond this bitter little orb of negativity, the greater reality literally consists of love beyond our ability to imagine it!

The primary problem with all these accounts is that they feel real and extraordinary to the experiencers, so many of them claim to have been to the actual afterlife. But OBEs and NDEs happen in the general astral, not the afterlife, and they vary tremendously from experience to experience, so for anyone to believe that they tell us anything about the actual afterlife introduces a lot to the discussion that is damaging to everyone's understanding of what actually happens at and after death. Genuine post-death accounts received over the past nearly 200 years are all amazingly consistent as to physics, process, landscape, clothing, pastimes, and so on and on. And having read many OBE and especially NDE accounts, I find nothing in any of them that is even similar to the post-death accounts with regard to any of these details. They are wonderful, but they are not related to death at all.

5. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Not a mishmash quite, but actually that is not a bad description of it. As you saw, a lot of stuff is going on, some good and some bad, and you are not carefully protected as you will be at your actual death.