1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

assorted points Jan 2020

Discussion in 'Carol and Mikey Q&A 'follow-on-discussions'' started by mac, Dec 31, 2019.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

As always Mikey will answer in due course but from what I understand the objects you've mentioned are communal 'over there' also, much as they are here.

Similarly there are communal landscapes, buildings etc. and we may also create (by the power of thought) for ourselves locally the conditions we like to enjoy - when we've learned (or remembered) how. Even here we create for ourselves local conditions we enjoy such as in our homes and gardens. I suppose if we had made sufficient spiritual progression we might be able to create larger objects and landscapes etc. in the etheric dimensions ourselves but I doubt we'd be able to hold them in perpetual existence by ourselves.

None of that makes the so-called afterlife something that's not objective. It does exist for all even if different individuals experience different facets - little different from our own dimension of existence. ;):)

2. baob

baob New Member

Happy New Year and thanks for the explanation, mac! I understand what you said. For buildings and landscapes, you can create by using your thought. How about in afterlife you see a butterfly landed on a tree, because the butterfly is a spirit. So does the butterfly truly exist or just your imagination?

3. mac

mac Staff Member

It's no different than for the situation here in the physical unless as discarnates we have the ability to create - and then animate - an object to give the impression of life. I don't know if that's a possibility but my view is that it's not.

When we see a butterfly here it's being animated - it's a living thing. The only way I know of animating something that's living is by a spirit doing it. If we see a butterfly 'over there' the same principle would apply in my view; a spirit would be animating that butterfly. I don't know if an individual spirit can use its own energy to animate another living thing or whether a a discrete spirit must be doing it - something to ask Mikey about???

I suppose there might be one significant difference from what happens here. Here, of course, our dreams feel real at the time but they are transient and have no material component - they ain't real and they don't exist outside of our dreams. If, however, we can still dream in the world that follows this one maybe our dreams there can manifest objects which we perceive in the way you describe.

Perhaps something else to ask Mikey about???

4. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Thank you sir. I apologise for not being able to grab it sooner for you.

Things have definitely changed. When I said that I did not expect to be alive much longer it was because (due to a remarkably unusual and extreme situation I had the misfortune of nearly dying 8 times in 2 years. Now it's been a year since the last time I almost passed so I'm keenly aware of how easy it is too die but the chances of me dying are going down drastically. At that point I would say there was a 80% chance of me dying within 5 years. Now there's more of a 3% chance which is normal id say.

So far as nonlinear reincarnation goes I think it works like this.

The Afterlife is nonlinear and the spirits created our incarnations linearly to promote spiritual growth.

While it would be possible to achieve nonlinear reincarnation it would defeat the purpose and be quite unusual.

I'll ask Roberta :)

5. baob

baob New Member

Good point, thanks, mac!

6. mac

mac Staff Member

I'm glad to hear that your fortunes have changed, Kurt. I'm also glad you don't need to spend so much time here on ALF although I did kinda wonder if you were OK when you first started spending increased time away. ;) :)

Kurt likes this.
  7. mac

mac Staff Member

The 'desires' mentioned in the earlier postings from September last year were to do with wanting to remain around the earth dimension rather than leave it and move into the etheric dimension proper.

posting #674 "Mikey tells me it can be up to a quarter, but he says we need to understand that some can be "rescued" quite quickly while others can take longer. Some can be stuck for a long time depending on their strong desires for this dimension. It varies according to Mikey. It is really individual. Carol and Mikey "in Spirit""

That conversation was about rescuing so-called earthbound individuals. It was not about wanting to satisfy (quote) "Earthly desires".

8. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

I was gone for a while since it took me a while to fully recover from everything that had happened but things are a lot better now. I did miss hearing from you Monika PB and Roberta (she's not too terribly active anymore) but I'm a better person for it. I've managed to carve out my own small corner of the world and fortunately enough for me it looks like I may be able to do everything I want to do within a time frame I never thought possible. It also gave me a chance to study the literature more and develop hobbies that ended up becoming side income streams surprisingly.

I do miss being able to come here very often. I'll try my hardest to. ALF is turning 10 this year and I've been here for nearly half of the entire time. Wow.

jobun and Monika like this.
  9. mac

mac Staff Member

I'm pleased to hear you're much more on top of things, Kurt. :) There were times when they were running away from you. I expect you do miss being here, the folk you kinda know albeit at a very great distance, but I'm also pleased you don't need to be here.

I've said this before and I'll repeat it - this 'spooks' stuff is more suited to older folk and getting on with life is far more important than considering what follows it. If and when the time is right you'll find yourself drawn in that direction or pushed into it without having made the choice.

As you've mentioned, ALF is heading toward its 10th anniversary. During those years a lot of active members have left us, many more visitors came and went without ever being seen on the boards.

The range of subjects we've discussed, debated and even fallen out about is considerable. I'd guess there are few completely unvisited topics that are likely to be raised in ALF's future although I'd loved to be proven wrong. Roberta's focus now is on her blog work, writing and broadcasting.

My experience of forum-based websites is that most go through a cycle of start, run, peak and then gradually fade away. ALF may be in that last stage. :(

Kurt likes this.
  10. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

True. Right now I'm studying life expectancy and perspective lifespans. So far as the forum it's basically the top 10 most notable members by message counts and likes + Ruby and Carol. Who knows... Maybe it will go through a resurgence. Ars Technica and Sherdog (as much as I don't like this one) are over 2 decades old. But due to the nature of ALF it is hard to say how long we'll last. If death rates or tragedies spike we will.