1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Asexuality and Spirituality

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Kurt, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

I have heard that in the afterlife spirits are formless and genderless and fuse, yet lack sex.

I have also heard that some may have earth like sex if it means the key to unlocking spirituality. For example, I have heard that a WW1 vet who was unfortunately castrated went into the afterlife depressed still and refusing to believe that his body could be whole again, until his spirit guide basically ripped his pants oven and fished it out this proving his soul was eternal and that no matter the physical damage your body undertakes it will be repaired. I hear that his afterlife was quite enjoyable after that.

I hope this extends to involuntary celibates since I have seen some on here that look like they could use that kind of entrance to the afterlife

(I promise I means no shade, I am mere laying out discourse)

I have even heard that some incarnate solely for sex which makes me feel extra bad for those who end up as involuntary virgins.

My point is... What about the asexuals. They kind of throw everything into whack. Are they here for just spiritual matters?

Do they choose this persona in the pre life as a means to focus on third studies and work?

Is it just hard to hit the books when you are a club going cockhound too busy howling at chic's?

I am genuinely confused. This has thrown me off so bad.

Can someone please enlighten me or share insight

2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Based on what's been taught and what's been reported by those living 'over there' that notion is incorrect.

It's not something I've ever heard but then I don't necessarily access the same sources as you....

I find it far-fetched to suggest a spirit helper would rip off the pants of someone in his/her care to show that a body could be whole again but the general point is made.

These are issues there's no need for human concern about.

Some fundamental understanding is desirable. Would we attempt to understand advanced mathematics or science without having first fully grasped the basic subjects? Considered in isolation and without such understanding the concept of sexuality (purely a physical attribute) might indeed be puzzling.

Kurt likes this.
  3. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

August 2nd 2017, you posted a thread called 'sex over there' (Mac).

That was the source of the genderless soul/incarnate for sex thing.

The WW1 vet story I came across years ago. It may have just been mediforical.

You have a great point though.

4. mac

I think you'll find, Kurt, that nowhere have I suggested we are formless as discarnates. That would be totally contrary to everything taught and reported.

As for gender it's bound to be different from the way it is here because sex organs don't define us as they do here. Additionally they aren't needed for procreation - that's just here in this particular physical world and maybe other physical dimensions - that's conjecture.

My guess is that some discarnates will have their 'naughty bits' whereas others won't based totally on expectation and desire. Absolutely nobody NEEDS them. ;)

Kurt likes this.
  5. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

I just reread it. You are right. I misread it.

Thank you for the clarification. I apologise for the mistake.

Asexuality though.... It's mind boggling in light of spiritualism.

6. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Wait!!!! I just had an epiphany. What if those with rampant hypersexualities get Asexuality as a way for spiritual growth?

For example, what if Bundy reincarnated as a asexual?

That could be useful in his case.

7. mac

There's no certainty whether folk will return in a different gender. There's no knowing if they have already been here as a different gender. (or one of the variants) Most of us may be in just such a situation but we won't know until we pass over.

Kurt likes this.
  8. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Yes, but Asexuality has nothing to do with gender. It is the complete lack of libido. The lack of sexuality.

9. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Kurt, really, absolutely nothing that you say here has any basis whatsoever in actual evidence! Please don't let it preoccupy you, since NONE of it is true.

Kurt likes this.
  10. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

Kurt, where are you getting this?

11. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

That is hilarious Roberta!!!

I am about to post 2 links leading to writings by you and Mac.

Thus, it is evidence that YOU supplied and Mac supplied.

In my eyes you both are more than very credible sources.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  12. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

For the WW1 veteran story, I pulled it off of Roberta Grime's blog.

Our versions are slightly different, which may indicate time spent, however I first found that story around 2015. The blog post was made this spring....

The basis is the same.

It is titled sex in the afterlife. If the link doesn't not work, simply type it in.

WW1 Veteran Link

: http://robertagrimes.com/afterlife-research/sex-in-the-afterlife

Moving on to the other post (Macs) :

Which clearly states that souls are genderless in nature and incarnate for sex.

http://afterlifeforums.com/threads/sex-over-there.2322/

My evidence is now here for everyone to see. Thank you GeneEdwardSmith.

Roberta, I find it deeply insulting how you state that my observation has no basis in evidence when I used your evidence to derive these conclusions. I am 1i, not stupid. I could have done better work on the hollow hell theory which I will, but thank you.

Please respond at your earliest convenience.

13. mac

It should be remembered that although the thread is one I started, it wasn't I who wrote the opening posting, the words you are referring to above. ;)

Kurt likes this.
  14. mac

You're right - good point. I was drifting, there, thinking you were wondering if humans may reincarnate as individuals of a gender different from in a previous life.

I would guess that nothing prevents someone choosing a life of asexuality (or even homosexuality) in a similar way to choosing to live a life either as the same sex or a different one.

Kurt likes this.
  15. mac

As the blog isn't part of ALF's forums I thought it might be helpful to read what was said. Roberta's blog goes:
    "There is a story told of a youth who had suffered a genital injury before he was killed in the First World War. His post-death body was created by his mind, and it still bore the injury that obsessed and depressed them. Even after corrective post-death surgery, he still thought himself to be less a man, so he was tucked into bed and put to sleep. He awakened to find a beautiful young woman in bed with him who initiated lovemaking, and he discovered that everything worked just fine!"

That's somewhat different from what you thought you'd remembered, Kurt, viz:

"For example, I have heard that a WW1 vet who was unfortunately castrated went into the afterlife depressed still and refusing to believe that his body could be whole again, until his spirit guide basically ripped his pants oven and fished it out this proving his soul was eternal and that no matter the physical damage your body undertakes it will be repaired. I hear that his afterlife was quite enjoyable after that."

I take your point though. ;)

The overall context of the story is important in my view. I think its message was less about sexuality in the afterlife than it was about how physical-body problems are left behind, albeit sometimes needing spiritual support and counselling to see and understand that.

Kurt likes this.
  16. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Agreed. Well then, there's one issue down. I originally took that as an acceptable meaning, I just could not tell whether or not it could coexist with the teachings of spirit guide sparrows.

The only thing that remains to be seen is whether or not spirit guide sparrows teachings about sex could coexist with asexuality.

If souls incarnate for it then why do some souls not?

Is it even important?

17. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

You are correct.

18. mac

Correct about which issue? :confused:

19. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Kurt, as I have told you privately, I was exhausted last night. I am working so hard at this point that for me six hours' sleep is an achievement. And I have already apologized to you. But i realize now that all of this has been a good thing because your angry reaction frees me to make a larger and very important point to everyone!

Dear beautiful friends, the greater reality is much more varied and much more complicated than is this limited reality, and as yet what we have - while it is all beautiful and amazingly consistent - is just a few random glimpses. For someone to do quick reading in secondary sources, as Kurt has done here, and then to generalize and speculate is not just useless, but it is actively counterproductive! If you want to even begin to understand what ACTUALLY is going on, you will have to devote an intensive year - or, better, a lot of time over several years - and read very widely, including in original sources. What Kurt is doing is the equivalent of an extra-terrestrial reading one newspaper and maybe one good historical novel and then assuming that he gets enough about human life on earth to begin to speculate sensibly about it!

Kurt, dear one, I am sorry, but the very way in which you have used what I wrote indicates that you need to do a lot more study before you will begin to understand anything. For example, "in the afterlife spirits are formless and genderless and fuse, yet lack sex" is a statement that is altogether wrong, no matter where you heard it! Yes, apparently without most mind-created illusions we default to being sparks of light; but we seem generally to prefer more solidity. In the afterlife - especially right after death - we feel more physically real than we feel here, and we seem always to exhibit some gender characteristics. Even extremely high-level beings who very rarely appear on earth will have bodies - reportedly, theirs glow with some color (usually gold) - and while we look more androgynous, we still give the impression of having a gender. This is what is true, based on my nearly half-century of research! Your statement is not only wrong, but it is seriously misleading to those who come here to browse and to learn.

And your saying "his spirit guide basically ripped his pants oven and fished it out this proving his soul was eternal" - if indeed I was your source - is an appalling distortion that utterly misrepresents how our spirit guides relate to us! Your saying "I hear that his afterlife was quite enjoyable after that" is pure speculation, since you certainly did not hear it from me! If you are referring to my story about the one description I ever have read about afterlife sex in the early literature, then I had better tell it again now since you have so completely misrepresented that story. This is from my blog post entitled "Sex in the Afterlife," posted on October 21, 2014:

There is a story told of a youth who had suffered a genital injury before he was killed in the First World War. His post-death body was created by his mind, and it still bore the injury that obsessed and depressed them. Even after corrective post-death surgery, he still thought himself to be less a man, so he was tucked into bed and put to sleep. He awakened to find a beautiful young woman in bed with him who initiated lovemaking, and he discovered that everything worked just fine!

What was most wonderful about this story was the love and concern of the discarnates who were helping this man, the fact that they first made him think they were surgically adding the parts that his mind had subtracted and making his body again perfect (this might be the first post-death surgery in the literature), and the fact that they and some comely female spirit were willing to resort to actually helping him to prove in bed that he really was whole, when all else failed to convince him! What on earth does this wonderful story of love and healing have to do with what you said above?

Kurt, what you said gets everything wrong! It makes the afterlife seem mechanical, subtracting what is most extraordinary about it: everything there is based in much more love than we can even imagine. It ignores the fact that our own minds create our post-death bodies, including with the imperfections that they might have had in life (for most, these gradually are corrected as our minds come to understand that we are past the imperfections). It implies that our spirit guides can act crudely and disrespectfully, when in fact each of us is treated with a reverent love and respect that would seem extreme here. And it suggests that this young man went on to live a randy post-death life, when there is abundant evidence that the opposite would have been true!

Yes, there is a body-melding thing that the dead do which we are given to understand is much better than sex. And we can do it at any time, and with anyone! As best we can determine, it produces an intense whole-body experience that is better than an orgasm. OMG, who could beat that?? The accounts that we have suggest that while standing up, one person "steps into" the body of the other - solid-seeming bodies, mind you - and they merge, which merger produces this ecstasy. It is significant to me that after the novelty wears off, they don't seem to do it so much anymore, so varied and wonderful are all the other pleasures there! And what is most important about the fact that the dead can have whole-body orgasms is the LOVE for us that it illustrates! We don't have sex drives, so we are given something even better. EACH OF US IS INFINITELY LOVED! If you were to ask me to sum up all my lifetime of research, that would be how I would do it. You, dear beloved friend, are much more loved than you can ever imagine! And unless you have read enough of the literature to be utterly struck by that fact, then you really don't know anything about the afterlife at all.

20. mac

blog quote: "There is a story told of a youth who had suffered a genital injury before he was killed in the First World War. His post-death body was created by his mind, and it still bore the injury that obsessed and depressed them. Even after corrective post-death surgery, he still thought himself to be less a man, so he was tucked into bed and put to sleep. He awakened to find a beautiful young woman in bed with him who initiated lovemaking, and he discovered that everything worked just fine!"

I'm left with concern concerning the claim there had been (quote) "...corrective post-death surgery". Does that mean surgery after his death and carried out in this dimension? That sounds decidedly odd but any notion of surgery being carried out in the post-death dimension sounds even more so. Maybe if we had the full context of that story I'd understand.

As for a discarnate female initiating actual sexual intercourse with the soldier I shake my head in disbelief. But I could conceive of his undergoing dream-like therapy that would help restore the emotional imbalance the soldier had been left with, presumably as a consequence of military action.