1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

are you excited by the possibility of an afterlife

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Storybud68, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Storybud68

Storybud68 Active Member

Are any if you excited by the possibility of an after life?or would you be like myself and many others and be fearful of it?your views very welcome.

Kurt and KMB999 like this.
  2. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

As long as I will be with my husband and other loved ones, and we will be happy and well together, then I very much hope there is an afterlife.

If the afterlife is not like that (the details don't matter to me as much as just being able to be with my husband and family, together and happy), then I want no part of it.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  3. KMB999

KMB999 New Member

I do I really think that there is I've had a couple of things happened with that have convinced me. But I hope it is that we come together with the ones that we love although I have heard that heaven is different for everyone. What experiences have you had if any?

Kurt and Storybud68 like this.
  4. pandora97

pandora97 Well-Known Member

Right now I'd say both.....I've just started looking for answers and so I don't feel that I know enough to be excited. Of course the unknown is always at least a little scary:eek:

5. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

For me it's not 'a possibility' - it's a certainty and I anticipate it with a mixture of looking-forward to the event while at the same time being sad I'll be leaving behind familiar things and people I love - kinda like going to live in another country in this world.

But I do understand why individuals might be fearful of something they don't feel confident will happen. Or are afraid that it will happen but they don't understand the transition; they may fear the outcome will be something horrible or they'll never again see the folk they love.

The reasons will likely be similar for many and there's no certain way folk can be helped overcome their concerns and fears. :( It's my biggest disappointment.

6. Storybud68

Storybud68 Active Member

thank you all part of me would be a little excited from what I've heard through mediums etc,maybe we will somehow have the best of both worlds who knows

Kurt and pandora97 like this.
  7. Monika

Monika Active Member

Im super excited and can't wait to go there. Every single day. Life is great but i have what to look forward very much. Especially to hug my Michel again for so that we both can finally feel each other fully again! I have no fears.

8. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Who knows? ;)

Kurt likes this.
  9. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Monika You said "life is great" that is soooo good to hear that from You! But yes I want so badly to go home to Susie but I'd try to make the best out of the time here.

Kurt likes this.
  10. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

I’m very excited about the possibility of an afterlife. In fact from my personal experiences with astral traveling and the general experiences that I’ve had here on the earths plane, it is my belief that it does exist.

I’ve had my daughter at a very young age (around 4) tell me that she’s seen animals in her dreams surrounding me in a field and she gave me exact details of each and every one of them. Two of them were animals that I’ve actually had a long time ago but she wasn’t born yet at the time to even know about them. I remember waking her up to get ready for school and she told me she had a nice dream about me and her in a field filled with flowers and animals and I was wearing a white dress under a ‘gazebo’. (Very mature language for a child at the time). At that point I almost had tears in my eyes because that’s exactly what I always would dream about especially during my astral projections. My daughter seems to be very active in her sleep and she speaks of flowers and fields in extreme detail. Family members that are dead... etc...

My cousin drowned about a year ago and my daughter tells me she’s seen her when she wakes up from sleep and then she disappears. I personally dream about my cousin when I’m distraught and she is usually saving me in my dreams when I feel like I myself am drowning in water (very ironic since I’ve always had dreams of drowning)

So with all that being said, I feel that this life is precious and a gift. Though things are not easy we grow from it. I definitely do look forward to going back ‘home’ though lol.

Convolution, Kurt and Nirvana like this.
  11. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear wonderful PoeticBlue! Welcome back! Here is a huge and enormous hug! YAYY!!

Kurt likes this.
  12. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Well, as long as it is not just me alive in this afterlife, then I am perfectly fine with the idea.

13. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I am very excited and can't wait to get there. It is as though I am waiting to go on a real exciting vacation!:):)

Kurt likes this.
  14. Ruby

Ruby Active Member

You have been there, done that and bought the t-shirt, Kim. For me it's certainly intriguing but I would be more apprehensive than simply conking out with zero awareness. At the same time, it's kind of exciting because of all the possibilities. Apparently, when my grandmother was dying back in 1953 my mother was just 21 and wasn't allowed in the room. She was told that her mother had said in gaelic that her parents were standing either side of the fireplace. Maybe they came to collect her, who knows?

Kurt and kim marine like this.
  15. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Very interesting story.

16. pandora97

Take lots of pictures! :p:D

kim marine and Kurt like this.
  17. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

:p:DLOL

Kurt likes this.
  18. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

And remember to Share them to my beauty thread!!!!

kim marine likes this.
  19. Donovan

Donovan Member

Since there is life after life there is also life before life.
    If one keeps preoccupied life tends to go quicker.
    If you have a lot of free time, and you have tried filling it with endless things, yet are unsatisfied, what then?
    A lot of people fill life with family.
    You can dull your senses, and sort of become a habitual zombie.

Kurt likes this.
  20. pandora97

o_O

Kurt likes this.