1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Are politics detrimental to spiritual growth?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Kurt, May 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

Once again, I have put out a self-explanatory title.

2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

simple answer to self-explanatory question - maybe :D

Kurt likes this.
  3. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I don't think that politics is necessarily detrimental to spiritual growth. As with most other things, it depends on the political views one holds, and on how one pursues and/or implements one's politics. Most things can be used for good or for bad, politics among them.

Kurt likes this.
  4. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

Yes, but so what?

5. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

I was wondering, considering how ever since the recent election, everyone has been fighting on the forum.

The pro-Trump vs. Never Trumpers gig has definitely brought down the forum.

I am sure you remember it 2 yrs. ago vs. 1 1/1 years ago.

6. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

I've always believed there are a few topics that should never be discussed in a forum: sexual orientation, religious beliefs, and politics.....unless you happen to join a forum focused on debating sexual orientation, religious beliefs, and politics! :p

7. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

This thread appeared to be moving towards becoming a back door to opening another politically-based thread. It's now locked.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  8. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

To answer your question directly, Kurt, the short answer is an emphatic YES. So please don't ever again bring up politics here!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.