1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Are facts banned on this group?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by genewardsmith, May 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

I posted some well-known facts, along with opinions, and was told *everything* I said, presumably including the facts, was garbage. I was not allowed to reply. Are facts now forbidden?

enby and bluebird like this.
  2. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

Looks like I may have missed your post(s). What did you post that was considered "garbage"? If you don't mind elaborating, I'd appreciate it.

Rassie and bluebird like this.
  3. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

I mentioned Trump's history of Birtherism, which he did not publicly disavow until September of 2016, and which the NYT reported he continued to raise questions in private about even afterwards. I also mentioned his "When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best...They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists." Mexico, of course, is not "sending" us anyone, nor choosing whom to "send", and the Mexicans who come here seem to commit fewer crimes, not more, than average. I also mentioned that Trump University was a scam (he had to pay out $25 million dollars to settle) and that he had a long history of stiffing people to whom he owed money,

I don't want to get into a political discussion, but I object to having facts which I can document if needed dismissed as "left-wing garbage". That's not an argument.

4. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Agreed, gene. I have had a similar experience on this site, when quoting facts, which were often supported with links to quotes which were never denied by those who said those things.

Kurt likes this.
  5. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

Should the "left wing rags" report negatives about a Democrat such as Clinton, Obama, Warren and others, then you will see that every loyal supporter of the Disaster-in-chief will believe the left wing rags. Whatever suits their alternate reality... :rolleyes: May I suggest you get used to it; facts have no bearing in the alt-right world. What you wrote is correct, it is well documented, but to his fans It.Does.Not.Matter.One.Whit.
    Sad!

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  6. pandora97

pandora97 Well-Known Member

NO POLITICS!!!

Rassie likes this.
  7. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

This website is owned and paid for by Roberta. She sets the rules on her website and on ALF there are to be no debates about politics. Same goes for debates/disagreements about particular religions and their value or otherwise.

I'm erring on the side of caution and have closed the thread.

Fisher likes this.
  8. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Thank you, dear Mac!

Look, folks, I am old. I came of age in the sixties, when politics was so polarized and demented that many people truly believed that the country would not survive the decade! Things were bad back then, but I can truthfully say that in my whole long life I have never seen a worse political situation than what we have right now. Most of what passes for "news" at this point is just slanted political garbage; and no, Gene, bashing a sitting president with things that were thrown at him two years ago and over which he was elected anyway is not political discourse! Good grief.

People who want to argue about politics have lots of places where they can do that, and God bless you if that is your bent: have fun! But this forum exists as a place where we can discuss important eternal matters in an atmosphere of love and kindness. Discussing politics or religious beliefs here would be irrelevant, pointless, and anathema to the happiness of us all, so it is forbidden. Forbidding political discussion here is not "alt-right,"Ravensgate. I'm not even sure what that term means. It is simple, loving, patient SANITY.

Janet, Rassie, Fisher and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.