1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Anyone Seen An Apparition?

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Ruby, Feb 21, 2019.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

I think you're probably right, Ruby, in your last-but-one sentence. Individuals who have lost loved ones encountering folk like me and others who have no doubts about survival but unable to feel convinced for themselves about what they see and hear.

I wish I had a way to help you become persuaded. :(

2. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

Thanks mac. I'm much happier now having had the experiences and all the reading. There are many things in life that are uncertain anyway (Brexit!) This is just another.

3. mac

mac Staff Member

A glass half-full rather than half-empty - I like it. :)

4. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

I have seen a few things; as far as I can recall, all were at my grandmother's house. The most awesome (in the true sense of the word) and terrifying was one evening when I looked out through the bedroom doorway (the door was open) and saw a glowing figure of light towards the other end of the (not very long) hallway. My grandmother, my sister, and I, were all sleeping in the same bedroom. They were asleep, I definitely was not. The figure was basically the size and shape of a tall human, though if it had arms and legs then its arms were at its sides and its legs were together. It was kind of a yellowish color, the light of which it was apparently made -- definitely not white. Not a sickly yellow, or a banana peel yellow, not as yellow as that, just sort of a pale-ish, glowing yellow. There was no natural explanation -- it wasn't light coming through a window, and no lights were on in the house. It was SOLID light, not see-through at all. It was very bright, but it didn't hurt my eyes to look at it, and it didn't illuminate its surroundings at all. It scared the crap out of me, to the point that I woke up my sister, climbed into bed with her, and told her I'd explain in the morning (this, on a hot summer night with no air conditioning, and I hate being hot, but I couldn't stay where I could still see this thing). This thing didn't seem malevolent; I don't know what it was, or why it was there. Never saw it again.

Both my sister and I saw other things in that same house -- shadow figures, 2D images of people in color, other weird stuff. Other family members also saw and heard things over the years.

5. mac

mac Staff Member

You can kinda understand that one reason our friends (mostly) unseen don't often make an appearance might be that they're made aware by their helpers that doing so could scare the crap out of just about anyone - even those they want to show their survival to!

We're hard-wired to react to frightening situations and wouldn't we all be pretty damned alarmed if we saw the figure of an unknown individual in our home? A real, solid recognisably human would be terrifying and we would feel threatened. A real-but-not-solid individual who's glowing and not a recognisable human would be even more frightening for most of us I'd guess. I am still tickled to this day when I think of a former friend who was a psychic/medium but was frightened of being in the dark by herself, presumably in case she saw a figure.

Given that basic communication with us in this world can be hard enough for a discarnate just imagine how much more difficult it might be to fabricate a clear, detailed solid form of oneself. Full-form materialisation wasn't commonplace even in the heyday of communication many decades ago. My guess is that in those times guides, teachers and helpers were involved in a massive push to communicate the simple message of survival. They succeeded wonderfully well in communicating through mediums but even with all that effort being made, full-form materialisation wasn't commonplace. More than now but still not much.

6. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

I wonder why some buildings have a lot of ghostly activity like bluebird's house and others of similar age have none? The accepted notion is that bad things have happened in "haunted" places, but many buildings must have witnessed events just as ghastly and no ghostly activity is seen in them.

7. bluebird

Ruby,

My mother's family was not the happiest, so maybe that allowed for certain things to show themselves, or possibly even attracted things to that house -- I don't know, but it's one possibility.

If anyone has seen anything similar to the light-being thing I described, I'd really like to hear/read about it. The event I described took place some 35-40 or so years ago, and I'm still befuddled by it. I have no idea what that thing was.

8. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

bluebird, in Leslie Kean's 2017 book "Surviving Death" she featured Jeffrey Kane, who had written a book called "Life as a Novice" after the death of his son. He sees "a golden, oval ball of light about twelve inches wide by eighteen inches high, suspended in the air six or seven feet away" from where he was sitting. He went to a medium several months later who told him he'd seen him as this light. I have this book at home and went to consult it because I'd remembered that description which sounds similar to the colour you mention. The thing you saw of course was much bigger. Incidentally, it doesn't convert him to any firm afterlife belief, though he had many amazing signs detailed in the book.

9. mac

mac Staff Member

I can't relate to seeing the apparition you saw, bb, but I have a thought or two why he - or she - might have been there. The location, the house, is probably of no significance. What you've indicated about your mother's family most likely IS.

Mikey explains many events and occurrences as down to 'energy' and the energy of an unsettled/unhappy incarnate is something a discarnate may be attracted to. The potential reasons range from a concerned 'dead' family member wanting to help thru to a mischief-maker using that energy to tease, upset or frighten someone. Or it might be used just to enable a discarnate to draw near to the earth dimension without any particular intention, kinda out of curiosity about what would be experienced.
    Alternatively their reason might be a burning desire to again get involved with this earth and its inhabitants.

10. bluebird

Thank you, Ruby. That sounds a lot like ball lighting, which I've actually seen once in my life too. I'm not saying that is what he saw, it just made me think of it.