1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Anyone Seen An Apparition?

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Ruby, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

Ravensgate, you haven't written about the veridical experiences you mentioned on 23rd March! You may have already done so in the past, so if you don't feel up to the typing you could refer me to the relevant thread. I would be so very interested to read them.
    I note you mention unknown neural circuitry as a possible explanation for apparitions. I happened to see a book on hypnotism meant for dentists last night and am aware of the complexity of consciousness, but couldn't really make much of it, but you'd understand this subject and presumably didn't see any obvious solution in hypnotism? It's still odd to think people only see the dead, and not the living, if psychologists put the experiences down to grief. (I know they're called "grief hallucinations"). I'm quite sure people can grieve just as much for those who leave them, who they know they'll never see again, as for the dead. Imagine the trauma of waving off early emigrants from Europe to America in former times. I wonder if those who remained were ever visited by apparitions? (I suppose back then it was never mentioned as would be taken as a sign of madness; still is by many!) Or the end of a romance, or a beloved parent leaving a child who can't understand what's happened. I can still remember the upset when my schoolfriend moved hundreds of miles away when I was about eight. So is it just that in some way the finality of death alone affects the brain? But then when you take shared and veridical experiences into account it becomes very interesting.

2. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

Hmmm, I read the other day that occasionally people have claimed to see the living when they physically are elsewhere, so bang goes that theory. I really can't seem to think through the implications of this. Too tired. At the weekend two people have told me they've seen dead people too, neither sure of the nature of what it was they were seeing. One so terrified he immediately fled from the empty house he was painting, so sure was he that his mother-in-law was behind him! It's certainly not an uncommon experience, but I wonder how experiencers accommodate it when they've finally stopped searching for answers. I think I just prefer to believe it was a visit. I only have to remember how real it was at the time. After all, there are plenty of very intelligent people who take these things seriously, so I'm in good company. I needn't think I'm crazy.

Kurt likes this.
  3. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Poor painter....

If that happened to me I would be screaming in pain.

The reason why is I would be running so fast my shoes would light on fire.

4. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

Ah, the old mother-in-law trope!

Kurt likes this.
  5. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

On another note however, there is something interesting that has happened to me.

Every now and then I will have a dream about a girl I have never met who gives me advice spiritually.

I have even seen her out of the corner of my eye for a millisecond or so.

I assume she is my spirit guide but I am not sure. I feel we are connected in a way.

6. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Im not certain of anything. I feel as if we have a metaphysical connection but that she may not even be here in this realm.

Maybe another one? The afterlife? I am not sure.

I feel like I am here to cause something big but at the same time advance myself enough to move on to a higher state of existence.

7. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Maybe we are from the same soul cell or we knew each other in a previous life.

Perhaps we are from 2 different planes but somehow connected.

We both exist at the same time and are connected metaphysically

So.... Spirit guide sounds about right.

8. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

Maybe it's Little Miss "Boo" Peep. Sorry. Seriously, as long as she's friendly.

Kurt likes this.
  9. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

I used to live on Hickam airfield. Very haunted. That was the only time I ever found a hostile apparition.

10. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor