1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Anyone Seen An Apparition?

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Ruby, Feb 21, 2019.

1. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

Ruby,

Perhaps what you saw was a reflection? I have a glass art piece, kind of a suncatcher, hanging in my living room window. It's about 12 inches tall and maybe 1.5 inches wide, in shades of green. When my heat comes on (it's forced air, and there's a vent in the ceiling), the suncatcher is gently moved by the moving air, and at some times of day (which determines the position of the sun) it casts quite a bright reflection/prism on the floor or wall. Maybe something in your home (a crystal, a glass, a metal picture frame, etc.) is creating a similar situation.

On the other hand, I have read accounts of people who are near death (and I'm sorry if that's the case with your MIL) leaving their bodies and visiting loved ones, even being seen by loved ones who didn't know they were ill or injured, and then regaining consciousness later -- in other words, the spirit was travelling prior to death, as opposed to afterwards. Maybe that's what you saw.

If she is dying, then I wish her a peaceful and easy transition, and peace for your family.

2. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

Thanks Bluebird, she died late last night, but had eaten breakfast so it didn't sound as if it was too bad a time for her. This house has huge windows as built in 1960's and I'm used to reflections like that, but this was something different. I've no idea what it was, but it was on my mind all day. If it was something spooky, I've come to realise that outbreaks of psi are spontaneous and uncontrollable and I can just ponder them in the passing!

3. bluebird

Then perhaps it was her spirit visiting. I'd say keep an eye out, perhaps now she will visit again.

4. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

We've arrived home from an overnight trip to see the family, and naturally there was mention of our son who died four years ago. I told my mother-in-law's friend and his daughter about the light, then thought I should have kept quiet. She is a highly no-nonsense career lawyer and I expected her to think me ridiculous. I'm not saying it's not for the brainy, but loads of people aren't aware that any serious research has ever been done or they think these phenomena are fictional if they give it any thought at all, which is doubtful. It's not a subject much raised in polite company. She then said her mother, dead many years, saw her father/grandfather appear after his death. She said her mother thought a long time had passed during the appearance, but found her cup of tea was still hot. Also she had experienced several apports. Well I never! These apparitional episodes are much more common than people realise.

baob likes this.
  5. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

In my newspaper today:- Audrey Hepburn said as she lay dying in 1993 that she could see people sitting at the end of the bed waiting for her.

baob likes this.
  6. bluebird

That's not an uncommon story; I know I've read other anecdotes in which dying people related similar experiences. The theory is that dead loved ones come to help the person who is about to die to transition into the afterlife. I don't know if that's actually what's going on, but I hope so -- it's a lovely idea.

baob likes this.
  7. mac

mac Staff Member

Accounts of dying people seeing their family gathering around their bed are pretty commonplace and additionally medical staff sometimes 'break silence' by telling of their experiences of seeing patients talking to them shortly before they pass over.

Perhaps it happens for many but perhaps most of us just don't get to hear. We've held discussions here on ALF about signs and symbols. These are examples.