1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Anyone Seen An Apparition?

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Ruby, Feb 21, 2019.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

I've told this short tale many times. :)

Some years ago - a LOT of years ago! - I was learning my stuff and notionally being helped by a psychic/medium. As we got to know each other better I began to organise venues for her to give demonstrations and teach. One night we got talking after folk had left one of the sessions.

Long story short my medium friend was frightened of the dark in a similar way to kids (and adults!) who are scared of seeing ghosts and ghouls when it's dark. I was amused at that but more shocked she'd be afraid of encountering 'things' in the dark given she was a psychic/medium.

I guess I'd also be startled and alarmed if I encountered something in my own home when it was dark because it's instinct. I would hope, though, I'd only be excited rather than scared once I realised it was a spirit visitor but until that actually happens I won't know! :D

baob likes this.
  2. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

I suppose it must be instinctive to be wary when we can't see what's around us.

I was thinking about children's imaginary friends. I had one apparently, and my mother used to set an extra place setting at the table as she said I'd insist on it. Someone I know said their grand-daughter went through a stage of having one, and their dog would be looking in the same direction and showing signs of seeing the friend. Another said her three children had one, and as adults they had a discussion about it and they said they hadn't realised the child wasn't really there. This lady and her husband could sometimes see the faint swing of a skirt out of the corner of their eyes as their children ran about.

3. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

An intriguing report popped into my inbox today: Santa Montfiori has seen Tara's ghost twice! It's interesting that twice is fine, but every day would suggest a mental disorder! (I'm joking).
    British members will remember Tara Palmer-Tomkinson as a glamorous socialite and "it girl" in the 1990's, and her elder sister Santa as a novelist who is married to Simon Sebag-Montefiori, the historian and occasional television presenter. Their parents are old friends of Prince Charles, and I seem to remember the girls' unusual names have a connection to a South American grandmother, or somesuch. Anyway, apparently Tara is happy where she is! Santa has been dabbling in a few mediumship classes and has included her amazing experiences in a recent novel entitled "Here and Now". I will have to look out for it, as I very much admire Santa and Simon. I'm so glad for Santa that this has happened. It really takes all the gloom and doom away.