1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Anyone Seen An Apparition?

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Ruby, Feb 21, 2019.

1. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

Quite possibly, mac. Insofar as I got any "feeling" or impression from the being or whatever it was, though, I don't think it was a dead loved one or family member. I honestly don't think it was ever human. As I mentioned, although I was terrified, I didn't feel malevolence from it; I didn't really feel benevolence either. It is truly a mystery to me.

2. mac

mac Staff Member

I was just guessing, bb, based on what little I know. The effect of your visitor appearing that way is understandable and there is no way of my knowing who it was or what its reason for appearing was either. That you got no feeling of either benevolence or malevolence may - but may not - be significant.

What you saw, how you felt, may not have had any linkage to what the visitor intended. That visitor may not ever have been human but equally - or perhaps more likely - is that it did used to be. But whatever you witnessed still may not have had any relevance to you personally or your family, just a random discarnate using the energy it stumbled on for no particular purpose.

3. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

Agreed. If anything, I kind of got the feeling that it was simply observing. Well, if there is an afterlife, maybe I'll find out what it was once I get there. ;)

4. mac

mac Staff Member

On that final point, bb, it's what I'm feeling increasingly nowadays as this old fart enters the last fourth/quarter of his lifetime. At best it's the last quarter - it could be a much smaller fraction than that! :D ;)

5. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

I had the sudden thought this morning that if apparitions are merely hallucinations of the mind, then why would it be common for them to be of only part of a body? For example, mine was of the body from the upper chest down; no face. You'd think the face would be the main point of the mind wishing to conjure up an image of the deceased. Instead, the head area was this massive, slightly swirling blackness, with density and depth, as if there was something inside it.

baob likes this.
  6. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

I was interested to see if anyone had any insight into my last post yesterday and was looking at the list of threads. I noticed that one person, presumably Baob, had viewed it, and the number of views was now 3,263. Yesterday was my birthday - 26.3! I never know what to make of these things, but thanks to Baob for giving me the opportunity to say thanks to my dear deceased!

7. baob

baob New Member

Hi Ruby,
    You are welcome! Happy birthday! I gave you the "like" because what you said makes sense. Your loved one is living in different dimension from ours, so only part of it can reflect in our earth. If you see a perfect image, you probably need to be doubted. I wish I can have this experience.

8. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

Thanks Baob, it's actually terrifying. Dead people are not supposed to be! I still feel nervous in the dark. Terrifying, but thrilling!

9. baob

baob New Member

Leslie Kean on her book "Surviving Death" described her experience: "This figure was right next o my bed!....I could see the shape of a head, and the body was like a dark cloak----no arms or legs, just a cloaked form. I stared, and the head was slightly lighter in tone than the darker, rounded body underneath, I couldn't see any features of the face but I felt it to be male. The lower part was blocked by the bed, in a dark space. The figure seemed full-size, and I saw clearly in the moonlight that it blocked out the picture on the wall behind it. It was so close, I could have sat up and touched it." "But I lay there without moving, fixated on it. Somehow I knew it wasn't going to hurt me. Then it registered that this was not a normal person. My fear increased. As I felt the fear, the form began to slowly dissolve." She suspected the apparition might be her brother who died many years ago because that night she was sleeping in his room.

10. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

That's a coincidence because her book is the only one I have bought, everything else I've found online! I read it avidly when I got my mitts on it, and when I read the excerpt you've quoted above I was beside myself, because she sounds a sensible, measured sort, and I thought, aside from the fact she has a book to sell, she is an investigative journalist!
    I also was pleased to see that she found the experience frightening, because people have said to me that it must have been very comforting, which I remember is along the lines of what one of her contributors says is what people say to him when he relates his experience, and he finds that patronising, which I do too!
    Okay, after the event it was great to look back on and consider the implications; death has lost it's sting and so on, but at the time, it certainly wasn't.
    Another thing is that I hid under the covers and had the strangest night; like passing out cold and woke up in the same position still under the covers. Normally I'm a poor sleeper and get up several times, lie awake and feel hours are passing. Even as a child reading under the covers with a torch I had to poke my head up for air. I didn't spend all night like that. Yet it was February and when I awoke it was daylight and 8.30am!
    Thanks for reminding me of it. The weirdest part is I've been lying on the couch here this morning. I haven't slept because I have a stomach bug, and thinking about getting the book off the shelf to have another read of it!!

baob likes this.