1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Anyone Seen An Apparition?

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by Ruby, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Ruby

Ruby Active Member

I'm still unable to put this to rest. I was thinking lately that if it had been a hallucination, (a year ago this coming week, and I think about it every day), a hallucination stems from the brain obviously and so it would be a static image? In my case though, the apparition appeared a little way down my bedside (quite well formed), then I had to move my eyes to see it up by my pillow (see-through), then I thought it had vanished only to see it by the bathroom door as a solid dark shape. My point is that I was following it with my eyes, rather than it being stuck in my head. I hope you know what I mean.
    I read online that seeing apparitions happens in the hypnogogic/hypnopompic state. Interesting, in that the medium I saw said that's what she enters to do a reading. She's trained herself to get there quickly. And my reading was successful, spookily so. I have to confess something embarrassing. When I went to bed that night a year ago I was searching for something in my bathroom cabinet, couldn't find it, but pulled out a packet of waxing strips and thought I might as well put a couple on my forearms (as you do). My wrists were then smarting so much I couldn't sleep. Add to that the hail and wind of the weather that week, and I think I put myself in the hypnogogic state. But here's the question: surely that state is something we all fall into and out of several times a night. If apparitions were only a result of that, wouldn't they happen more frequently? Instead of just once (usually). Unless we subconsciously want to stop more happening as that would take away the specialness of seeing our deceased. Our brains have amazing abilities after all.

2. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

I see images of animals (predominantly cats) right after wakening from my sleep. Then they slowly fade away within seconds. They appear to be very shadowy looking figures and some even resemble my cats that are now deceased that I use to have in my waking life. Whether it’s something spiritual or medical related I’m not sure. But I definitely deal with it on a regular basis and it’s actually pretty cool to experience. If it is something more on a spiritual basis, then my cats definitely remind me of the Cheshire Cat in Alice in Wonderland. They show up then disappear :p

3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear Ruby, many people see visions of people who look real but are not in this physical dimension, and what happened to you certainly seems to have been one such vision! The fact that - as you say - you followed it with your eyes does suggest that it was in the room and not in your head. Thank you for sharing this story!

4. Nirvana

Nirvana Active Member

"at my mums funeral, I actually saw her sat on the end of the coffin swinging her legs. [She looked] solid as a rock, she also looked really happy" -Jan Robertson, from the facebook group "Afterlife Topics and Metaphysics"

" I saw similar when I was at Ken's wake. He was leaning on his coffin and propping his head on his hand. He looked at me, winked, and disappeared. Came back in later when the ancient priest was mumbling through the prayers and made a hurry up gesture. He saw that I saw him again, mimed "Oops!" and disappeared again." -Michele Paige, from the same facebook group

5. Ruby

Ruby Active Member

Thanks for your interesting replies, poeticblue, Roberta and Nirvana. It's just impossible to pin all this stuff down. Nirvana's examples show you don't have to be falling asleep to see figures. Frustrating, but so very glad it happened anyway.

6. Ruby

Ruby Active Member

A friend asked me why, if they have "gone to the light", they show up here in this dimension?

7. bluebird

bluebird Regular Contributor

Assuming there is an afterlife, perhaps they are able to travel between that world and this one. There's no reason to assume that they can't, or that they can -- so the possibility exists.

8. innerperson

innerperson Member

Apparently there is quite a few that don't transition to the afterlife right away. In Carol and Mikey's thread, it was mentioned the number could be as high as 20% of Earth deaths that have issues with transitioning.

9. Ruby

Ruby Active Member

My friend asked this as she heard breathing over the car radio, and a strong sense of presence, when she went to collect the car and her husband's things from where he'd gone and died suddenly in a hotel. It really plays on her mind. I think she'll consult a medium. Thank you all for your answers.

10. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

I used to live on hickam field. Plenty there. I also grew up at a orphanage where some kids were murdered. Some more there as well.