1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Thoughts on Swedenborg?

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by DenverGuy, Jan 18, 2018.

1. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Active Member

I know that we're all looking for answers, information, and hope. This is site is probably the best one like it for us. It seems to be a good group of people who have experienced great loss and and are looking at every angle at the prospect that this might not, in fact, be the end.

Two years ago I would have laughed at anything like this. It's funny how things can change. Now I am seriously considering the concept that consciousness survives physical death.

I have found many of the Swedenborg videos on YouTube to be uplifting and just helpful in general.

There is some religion in the content, but as an agnostic it doesn't bother me as it all seems to fit together. (I wouldn't push anything overtly religious here or anywhere). It's part of the package, but not the whole deal. The fact that he was a respected scientist and that the Swedenborg Foundation is non-profit and seems to have their heart in the right place certainly helps with my perception of them.

Does anyone have any opinions on their ideas or presentations?

Amore likes this.
  2. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

What little I've seen of them online, I've liked. My view of Swedenborg and the organization is similar to yours.

DenverGuy likes this.
  3. brexit

brexit Guest

You’d have to put in time to get anything except offended if you wish to understand where ES was coming from. His main theology is God is Love and Wisdom — he fits the bible and Jesus in very respectfully, and gives each so much more than their respective conventional due.

Before his shift in awareness, Swedenborg was a world-famous renaissance man — a scientist, inventor, author, employed by the government — at the age of 53 he had a true spiritual awakening

ES was so prolific in his spiritual work, and he also continued in his very important roles within Swedish society for nearly 30 years after his enlightenment (all the while basically existing in 2 different realms and chronicling his experience).

If you’re a die-hard Christian, it’s going to take a lot to convince you it’s anything outside of heresy, but if you are open-minded, I think you’ll find nothing but humility, faith, love for God, love for Man and Woman, and a true Christian being given the gift of prophecy.

Check out the Off the Left Eye channel on YouTube for an easy-to-grasp introduction.

Be Well,