1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Another Newbie

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by orangeysky, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Hello all! Another newbie here. I have been lurking for weeks so I thought it's time to introduce myself. My name is Suzanne aka Orangesky. My Mother recently passed, November 28th and because of all of YOU I have been doing quite well. I miss her terribly of course but because of your wonderful posts, threads, your kind words to one another, your guidance, your links, etc. I have found much peace, not only with the loss of my Mother but within myself.

I'm not even sure how I ended up here but I do know that it was no coincidence I landed here. I have always believed there is an afterlife and my landing here is just yet another confirmation of what is and what is to be. I am so very excited to learn and grow from all of you.

Much Love, Light, Peace and Happiness to all!

Suzanne/Orangesky

2. Truth seeker

Truth seeker Established Member

Hi! Welcome from another newbie..everybody will make the big travel think of your mom as that shes on vacations and someday you will join her, I have lost my share of loved ones and I hope be worthy of see them.someday too :-D we have to help,love and forgive as much people possible to be worthy enough of going to heaven..

3. Richard

Richard Active Member

Welcome orangeysky, I like you believe that coming here is no accident! We welcome and look forward to you questions and comments, there are some wonderful people who post on these forums, enjoy!

4. Welcome Suzanne. I'm sorry for your loss but I'm glad you have been comforted by the posts here. I do agree there are no coincidences!

5. LachlanMac

LachlanMac Active Member

Hey, good to meet you and welcome!

I've lost my mum a few years back when I was quite young and I know it's a hard thing. (5.5 years now!). I really hope the conversations here help a lot of people cope more easily. If we can't give each other anything else, let us give comfort.

Hope to see more from you,

Lachlan

6. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

We are glad to have you here, dear Suzanne! And thank you for such a wonderful post - you have thrilled us all. We are so glad to help! Please join us in posting and helping others, and let us know how you are doing as you continue to find comfort and to grow spiritually. We are sorry that you are briefly separated from your much-beloved mother, but in leading you toward spiritual growth she has helped you to begin such a wonderful journey!

7. Thank you, all of you for such a warm welcoming! I feel I've found a home. My Mom and I discussed this quite a few times before her passing and she promised me that if she could, she would let me know she was okay. Well, has she ever and what a wonderful blessing this has been. I have never felt as close to her as I do now...strange but true. My heart still and will always ache missing her but I will grow stronger as you said, Roberta toward my spiritual growth and wonderful journey. Better late than never, right. Although I cannot see her (yet) I feel her in all I do, I see her in all I do and I am most definitely guided by her. I am so new to all of this so please bear with me as I am sure to come off as quite ignorant to all of this. I am quite ignorant to all of this! My Mom has told me so much of what I have read here. It's not the Cymbalta, right? lol!!

Again, thank you all for your warm and loving welcome.

8. Welcome Suzanne, so sorry about your mom. I'm glad you are able to find so much comfort in this forum. I lost my mom too a little over two years ago, we were and still are very close. She was not spiritual in life so in some ways our relationship is even closer now that she is in spirit. I am comforted by the fact that I always feel her near, and can accept the years ahead without her physical presence. I hope your journey as you deal with your loss is filled with as much comfort as spiritual awareness can bring to it.

9. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

I want to second our wonderful Awakening, dear Suzanne - we are so glad that you are here! And what you both have said prompts me to talk about something that has been on my mind lately, as I do what we all do at the New Year - count my blessings! - and as I look back at how far I have come from the blind-and-deaf automaton that I was for most of my life.

Perhaps our community is erroneously named. Perhaps it should be called "betterlivingforums," or some-such. Because it turns out that achieving a better understanding of death and the afterlife is really not so much about death and grief and hope, but rather it is about achieving happiness in life. As you both have found, doing much in the way of afterlife studies rather quickly leads to spiritual development, and that in itself becomes addictive. Here is what I have learned to be the genuine fruits of afterlife studies:

1) A lessening of grief and anxiety. This comes first, of course. Most people are drawn to start studying the afterlife because they have lost someone close, or because they have received a frightening diagnosis. The pain and stress of all that tends to lessen considerably as we learn more about the afterlife evidence.

2) Freedom from fear. In my own case, this change has been dramatic! Fear of death seems to be the base fear, so when that goes away it takes your other fears with it. I used to be terrified of the dark, but now I can sit in the dark all evening. To be frank, the only fear that I have left is a vague worry that someone I love - or I myself - might have planned some future scary or painful lesson into our life-plans. Pretty silly, I know ;-).

3) Greatly increased love for all humankind. If you want universal peace, spread the word about what reality actually is! I don't think that I could form a thought that someone was my enemy now, no matter what he did. We are all one being, and when you know that for certain you only wish that your arms were big enough to encompass everyone in the world in one hug.

4) An active desire for spiritual growth. This particular change has come to amaze me. Most of the people I know equate "spiritual" with "churchy," and both with bo-o-oring! But when you know that you are a powerful eternal being and you realize how good even a little bit of spiritual growth feels, you start to actively crave spiritual development as an infant craves its mother's milk. And the more you grow, the better it feels! To be frank, dear friends, there is no drug to compare with the intoxicant of spiritual growth.

5) Happiness! The best thing about this whole process is how happy it makes you. Happy! I have come to think that maybe depression equates with spiritual blindness and deafness, and that spiritual growth feels so good because it makes you the opposite of depressed. (No, I know it's not that simple - a lot of depression is biochemical - but it may be that spiritual development can shut down that negative pump. It's worth trying!)

I have no doubt whatsoever, dear OrangeySky, that your wonderful mother brought you to us, and I am so grateful to her. In truth, the spiritual voyage ahead of you will exceed your most optimistic hopes!

Nirvana likes this.
  10. I am such facebook fanatic I find myself trying to "like" your post lol...silly! Again, I at a loss for words at the beautiful words and amazing knowledge I receive from all of you. I have read them all...read them again and again trying to absorb each and every word. I am so filled with gratitude, peace and love from all of these posts yet, I am at a loss for words. There really are no words to express my gratitude. Again, I can only hope to somehow pay it forward to each of you and others.