1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

an upsetting article regarding pets & the afterlife from a so called 'medium'

Discussion in 'Afterlife Evidence' started by Tiger88, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Hello, I am new here.
    First let me say i am not trying to make the individual/source I mention look bad, but I found what this person has written as 'truth' about our pets in the afterlife very upsetting. The person has written an online book and claims to have had the information ''channeled through spirit guides to a medium' (which makes me highly dubious) I was wondering if I could get an expert or experienced opinion regarding what this person has said;

"But after the greeting may take place, do the pets live with their masters for long periods in heaven?

No, they do not. They have their own place in heaven and their own evolution that they are experiencing about lessons they learned on earth and they too choose to evolve and when they reincarnate back on earth as pets how they will become even more loving and more connected to their humans. Because a spirit soul vibrates at a much higher level of energy the love and companionship shared with its animals will always be felt as well as the love and companionship that is shared with other humans as well. "

this was taken from : http://www.afterlife101.com/Chapter4.html#_Toc1997214
    ( http://www.afterlife101.com/ )

So what do you think? Will I be able to interact and play with my pets in the afterlife?
    This person seems not to think so. I found it highly upsetting.

Thanks

2. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Hi Tiger88! Welcome to AfterlifeForums.com! This is absolutely not true! Here is what every source I have ever seen says about animals and the afterlife:

1. Pets live with their humans:
    Every pet who ever had a human owner will live with the person in the afterlife. I have never read of a person and a pet being forced to live apart. That being said, if a pet dies before its owner, that pet is watched over by the owner's deceased family. Either way, there is no reason to worry. You and your pets will be together forever - young and healthy!

2. Group souls:
    If a pet dies with when there are no close humans to live with in the afterlife, the pet will often join what is called a group soul. It's a state of being where animals of a certain species (and sometimes even of the same genus) will live together in bliss. There is evidence that this is what happens to homeless animals as well as larger/wild animals. To them, it is perfect bliss. If the animal does have an owner, it will return to that owner when he/she dies. Often times deceased human relatives report having to wait their turn to greet a newly-dead family member, because a mob of excited pets got there first.

The evidence tells us that animals are perfect pieces of spiritual energy and they do not come to the earth to learn, but rather to help us learn. They don't seem to reincarnate or go through life reviews. I will look into this website, but it doesn't sound like it is accurate information. Don't worry though, you and your pets will be together in the afterlife! :)

3. Birki

Birki Member

I've been reading some of the book that is posted on the Afterlife 101 website and for the most part it seems pretty accurate from what I have read so far. It is channeled information (which is slightly different from a medium) but it is from one source so of course there can be things that are not 100% accurate. Just below the part that Tiger88 has quoted about pets, it does says that the human can continue to see their pet if they like, but the relationship will be different. I think this makes sense as both of you would now aware you are eternal beings.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  4. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Hi Birki! Thank you for posting. I just read a bit of the info on the book, but unfortunately I don't have time to read more right now. I'm glad you've read parts of it! Maybe Roberta, the real expert here, can tell us more about exactly how this book compares to the evidence. A lot of what I am reading looks accurate, but this part about pets quoted above is pretty off. It is true that they are not the same types of being as us, and that they have soul groups (ex. a different place) but, if anything, our bond with our pets grows stronger in heaven.

I think that this may simply be a miscommunication or some type of error.

5. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Welcome, Dear Tiger88! In nearly 200 years of abundant and consistent afterlife evidence - and especially in all the material which was received in the heyday of deep-trance mediums in the early 20th century - we see over and over again that we can have whatever pets with us that we like, and we can keep them for as long as we like! Please don't worry, dear friend - they will all be there. Companion animals are generally fairly advanced beings but on a different growth track than ours (their level of advancement likely won't surprise you), and eventually both you and they may grow beyond the need to have them around all the time. Or you may love some of your pets more than others, or feel more bonded to some of them, so you might choose not to keep some of your pets for long. It seems from the evidence that those who owned many pets in life will share their surplus with others who might not have been able to have a dog or cat while on earth. But for so long as you want any beloved companion animal, dear Tiger88, that animal will be right there with you. I promise ;-)!

This deviation in an important detail from what we learn from the bulk of the evidence illustrates why it is best to read a lot of communications and not trust just one channeled being. True, dogs and cats do have group souls; and perhaps this particular being chooses not to have pets there, or perhaps it is so advanced that it has forgotten what the Summerland levels are like. An advanced being is still just one person, after all - and none of them can know everything, nor is any one of them going to get the facts perfectly right. But if you read enough afterlife communications, a balanced in-depth picture emerges. And that picture is full of our beloved animals!

Amore likes this.
  6. Thanks for all of the replies everyone. I do feel a bit silly for getting upset with just one source.
    I feel a lot better after hunting through all the pet threads on this site, everyone here is so intelligent and understanding. I really appreciate all the help.
    I will definitely be ordering some books from this site for myself and my family, its fantastic.
    I also love the name summerland as it corresponds most to an experience i had.
    Truely, Thanks, and take care everyone!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  7. Andrew

Andrew Guest

No problem, dear Tiger88! I'm glad you've had a chance to look at the other pet-related threads here.

8. No matter how advanced we are, I don't see why we should be lonely spirits. Just as we are always connected to God, and even get to become in union with him, we're always connected to those who we share bonds with. It's all done along the ones you met on the journey, and this journey is such of an eternal one, literally, that I find it silly to not go along those who have kept with you on the way. Maybe they do have a different way or well, journey, but, just as we keep a bond with God, being part of Him, it's by law that we keep a bond with all the other souls, specially the ones that our souls are connected to. Just wanted to share my viewpoint :p
    Cheers!

9. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Wisely said, dear Marco! It is the ever-strengthening bonds that connect us with all those we love - both animal and human - which bond us ever closer to our Source.