1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Amnesia Before We Come Here

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by Jen_always_Jen, Jan 13, 2019.

1. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Yes. I'm really sorry! He has turned what should have been such a loving and joyous time into discord and confusion. But this too shall pass!

2. Jen_always_Jen

Jen_always_Jen New Member

Dear Roberta,

I have read your book and wanted to thank you. It confirmed a lot of things I was already thinking/ hearing and leaning towards. And of course taught me a lot too.

You’re so very kind and it has helped me to stop pestering my spirit guides about life plans.

I understand it all a lot better now. I hope this doesn’t sound arrogant but I know why I decided to come here now. (By here, I mean this physical plane). I don’t know if I’m completely wrong but my feeling was I lived many lifetimes on earth a long, long time ago and volunteered to come having forgotten the very real pain of the physical experience. I had an intense twenty years where I went through tragedy after tragedy (my sister’s poor old psychiatrist burst into tears when she told the entire story in one go!), my point being it was a really out of balance amount of trauma for any young or old person to go through. Then I spent the next twenty years working through all that. I’m feeling pretty good now. Less depressed, less anxious and, well, other personal milestones of that ilk.

Where I had got stuck very basically boiled down to me saying to my guides, look, I have been through all these awful traumatic experiences, can I have my reward of peace and joy now? Haha , like a kid wanting candy for getting good grades at school. I realise now the good grades are their own reward. And Actually I HAVE had some peace and joy. I had just come to a bit of a spiritual roadblock I guess. I realise peace and joy is a matter of mind but sometimes life gate crashes it.

Thanks again for your help on this rocky and winding road.

Jen

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  3. mac

mac Staff Member

Your response (quoted below with my reactions) to my earlier two-gif comment was unexpectedly long - seems it hit a raw nerve.....

Fair comment based on what you've learned thus far.

ditto

totally agreed

When you involve your fellow travellers in your journey isn't it to be expected they'll want input?

I wanted for you to progress to not needing belief in survival. If YOU had trodden various paths, found the one with fewest obstacles wouldn't you want to offer the benefit of your efforts to others for their consideration?

You've further derailed things by responding at length in the way you have.

Perhaps you think we shouldn't defend things that are close to our hearts and important to us?

If we did would that be a problem for you?

I never see any challenge to my approach as disrespect. I try to stick to the little I know about, the issues I've researched for some years. So I'm quietly confident about certain subjects. I hope you're not feeling disrespect that I defend and support what's found in them?

zilch and Jen_always_Jen like this.
  4. RobertaGrimes

Dear beloved Mac, you are literally the soul of patience and understanding. Thank you for the wonderful way you shepherd everyone here!

Jen_always_Jen likes this.
  5. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

But the shepherd can still lead the sheep astray.

Let’s still give Convolution a benefit of the doubt. I’ve raised my eyebrows at certain things that he has said to the point where I was frustrated, yet my frustration may have been due to the fact that certain things that he has said may have some truth to it.

Some people who are stuck in their own ideas may not be able to wrap their heads around what others say. I’ve taken the time to personally message Convolution recently and I believe he means well even though I felt certain remarks towards you, Roberta were slightly disrespectful. Maybe deep down he hurts and gets frustrated when he doesn’t get the answers that he’s looking for due to the loss of his brother. He misses a physical connection. He misses something that feels real to him. We can say the same for Bluebird and her husband. If I were to lose my daughter right now, I know that she would still live on, but I may go through a phase where I do have doubts. It’s only human for us to feel this way. Spiritually, we are ok, just on different levels.

Let’s perhaps try to take it easy on one another from here on out.. as cringe worthy that may be at times. In the end, we are in this together.

6. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Also, I meant no disrespect when I mentioned a phase regarding grieving. I hope what I said didn’t come off offensive.

7. Jen_always_Jen

Jen_always_Jen New Member

That’s a lovely idea to live by. (And to follow here in the forum).

8. RobertaGrimes

I understand how you feel, dear beautiful friend, but Convolution's problem isn't Mac. It's me. There was a time when someone who kept injecting needless controversy and disrespect into the public threads to the extent that Convolution has done would before long have been banned outright. ALF is meant to be a welcoming and loving source of information about death and the afterlife, and if it cannot be that then it is not worth the time and the money it requires of me, so with extreme reluctance I have banned people whose presence here I still miss to this day. But I agree with you that Convolution might perhaps be taught to improve his behavior, so instead of banning him I have asked Mac to much expand the number of members-old sections and have again explained to Convolution the standard of behavior that we must have here. For the time being, if he wants to remain with us he will restrict himself to the members-only threads, where we can give him a freer rein without harm; and if he becomes comfortable with our rules, we will be happy for him to return to posting wherever he likes.