1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Amnesia Before We Come Here

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by Jen_always_Jen, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Convolution

Convolution Active Member

If I understand your question correctly, you seem to be asking who the notable cases by I.S. And J.T. are, one of the most notable which is in the link I sourced- Ryan.
    There are a couple of other notable ones that could be located via quick Google search- a US child remembering a life during WW2 comes to mind.

If you are asking about who Ian Stevenson and Jim Tucker are, they are researchers who gathered up evidence of children's spontaneous remembrance of past and intermittent lives. They work at the UVA, and Jim Tucker took over the research of Ian Stevenson.

What I referenced in my post to Jen_always_Jen is that these researchers noticed that children who seemed to have this spontaneous recall were often a bit tormented by it, reenacting some aspects of their past life or deaths, until they were able to find resolution or forgot about said memories, which they reported to be around age 6, I believe.

2. mac

mac Staff Member

thank you - It was the latter pair.

Just for the record (if needed) at this point I'm going to remind anyone following the thread that I don't deny some of us might experience past life recall. And I am confident that some/many/most or all of us will have had past lives. But few of us have the 'ability' to consciously recall (m)any details. ;)

3. Convolution

What I find interesting as well is that some children recall intermittent memories (life between lives) with apparently veridical aspects.

4. mac

mac Staff Member

Yes it's interesting but, then, I'm totally persuaded by what I've learned anyway and such accounts are of peripheral interest and of no importance to me... I have for a long time been of the view that some accounts are indeed detailed recall of one or more past lives - so what?

5. Convolution

I personally find the intermittent accounts interesting in that they offer, in some ways, a different take on the idea of a life between lives. It is a separate source descriving similar concepts, so it allows us to compare them across venues of research.

In many ways what they describe seems rather unguided, a bit random. There are depictions of people recalling living in trees, making certain events (which are later verified) happen, and then going straight into a life.
    Or one in which a person said they simply picked someone in a market to be his/her next parents and went with it.
    I find it interesting to verify and compare what these people say with different methods of trying to find out what that experience is like.

They aren't the same as past lives, though I can see how it can get confusing.

6. mac

mac Staff Member

Well I just hope that such accounts provide you with a way into the survival / afterlife situation. As they appear to appeal to your reason and require an acceptance of survival et al to mean anything at all I guess you must be starting to progress.

7. Convolution

I'll find it very interesting if the different sources all agree qualitatively about the intermittent experience.

8. mac

mac Staff Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Convolution

Mac, if we are all eternal, then it would be my view that the focus isn't "the goal", as there is an eternity to get there, if there is even such a thing as "there". In that case, the focus is the journey.
    If we aren't eternal, and are just heaps of meat, goals then truly don't seem to matter, and it is all about the experience now, as now is all we have, and it could all end in the next minute.

Either way, we get to choose meaning in our lives, and determine that which we are to care about, that which we'd like to discover, and craft our own journey.
    Why not just let me have my journey in peace? That is all I am trying to do- and most of my questions are crafted to that extent, trying to have my own journey.
    It does not have to conform to your expectations or desires of what a journey "should" be like, or how the goal should be to progress to a higher degree of belief in a life after death.
    This is yet another topic which is getting derailed simply because I chose to ask some questions I found relevant to my journey, and you or Roberta have in turn decided it was important to defend something, for some reason, as far as I can tell. Always defending.

The impression I get is that you live life very guarded.

I don't mean disrespect, so I appreciate if you respect back.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  10. Hazada Guess

Hazada Guess Member

here,here Roberta.My question to Carol and Mickey hasn't been answered yet,probably due to the guff that is being written by a certain member!