1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Amnesia Before We Come Here

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by Jen_always_Jen, Jan 13, 2019.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

Maybe, kim. Whatever happened to you my guess would be it's one of those 'shouldn't-ever-happen' situations that exceptionally do actually happen when things don't go to plan, when unexpected, unplanned events occur.

The crash you had on your bike might, or might not, have been pre-planned or it might have been an unfortunate coinciding of unplanned events - an accident. But even if your crash were pre-planned to engineer a particular outcome as a spiritual experience for you, that crash might not have gone exactly to plan. The resulting difficulties you're still dealing with 35 years later may never have been what was intended; it may be why you're looking now for an understandable reason on an event that was just a screw-up.

I have no insight, I'm just thinking about possibilities.

Jen_always_Jen likes this.
  2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear Jen, I have only just met you but I love your spirit and I would really like to help you! Please email me through robertagrimes.com, and I will send you a PDF of The Fun of Growing Forever. According to my primary guide, applying the techniques described in that book have made this my last necessary incarnation (fingers crossed!).

And the amnesia that you wonder about is not always complete. What's more, for most of us it settles in during the first few years, as our memory becomes fixed on the events of this lifetime. But it has a crucial purpose, since we come here to push against a negativity that does not exist in the afterlife levels because we are desperate to achieve more rapid spiritual growth, but if we were consciously aware of that fact we would not take any of this lifetime seriously enough to learn much of anything!

3. Jen_always_Jen

Jen_always_Jen New Member

I do sometimes secretly wonder if I am looking for answers because some horrible things happened so for comfort and to make sense of it all I’m hoping deep down that it’s all down to a special life plan I don’t know about, when really it was a series of unfortunate events and what happened just happened because bad things happen sometimes . :-(

I think I read once that sometimes victims of trauma in particular search for reasons to feel special to compensate for going through the trauma. It’s down to our sense of justice we have as humans.

My mum turned to Christianity after a few family deaths and loves the idea that god has a special plan.

I’m not sure though, because I DO believe in something. I do think I have spirit guides for example but I’m totally happy to concede that maybe it’s my imagination comforting me that I’m not alone.

However: We often don’t understand things that we can’t reach out and touch.

(Just playing devil’s advocate with myself and speaking out loud really).

4. Jen_always_Jen

Wow Roberta,

Thank you so much! That has made my day and I have read quite a few of your posts here already and was really keen to speak to you actually.

That’s so very kind.

I will definitely be in touch and will digest your words fully when I have had a cup of tea. I want to pay them my full undivided attention.

Thanks again,

Jen

5. kim

kim Active Member

Jen, Roberta sent me some PDFs. Isn't she kind?

6. Jen_always_Jen

Yes, she really is. What I really am keen to do is find a reliable source of info and I was going to ask for some reading suggestions so it’s perfect! ❤️

kim likes this.
  7. kim

kim Active Member

Getting hit head on by a car, without wearing a helmet, while I was riding the bike was the best thing that ever happened to me! I know that sounds strange, but it woke me up to the only true reality that I should give all of my undivided attention to. I can't put it into words because the words we use here are very insufficient. It has been a long haul since 1983, and I've slowly been learning to let Christ-Consciousness take over my ego, because I am filled with love, joy and peace. Sometimes I get bogged down, but I keep going straight ahead, because I know that nothing in this dimension is eternal.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  8. Jen_always_Jen

Being filled with joy, love and peace is truly so lovely.

kim likes this.
  9. Convolution

Convolution Active Member

The above is exactly what Ian Stevenson, and later Jim Tucker, seem to have noticed.
    Some of their cases are from the US- not just India. Those also happen to have received more attention and research, so I recommend looking into it, if you are interested in that subject.
    Here is one example which is briefly discussed in that article:
    http://uvamagazine.org/articles/the_science_of_reincarnation/room_errors

10. mac

mac Staff Member

Who are the individuals mentioned?