1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Amnesia Before We Come Here

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by Jen_always_Jen, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Jen_always_Jen

Jen_always_Jen New Member

Hi all!

I have a question. And would love to hear opinions or anything you have read.

Why would we all agree to amnesia before we come here? (I have heard this theory a lot, I’m sure you have too. Idea is we incarnate and come to earth to learn but with no recollection of what has happened before).

I keep asking my guides about this, and when I do often I immediately go to sleep. I’m really interested in the exact point I made the plan for this life and why I agreed to certain things and interacting with certain people? .. if I did? IF i could I would want to actually see my life plan. Hear what was agreed and with whom and why.

I am happy to stay for the ride but I definitely don’t want to incarnate again. No way. And I don’t want to forget any of this and what it’s actually like when you’re here so I don’t ever accidentally agree to incarnate again. :)

A lady my mum knew when I was a kid who predicted lots of things accurately and was a psychic told my mum I was a very old soul and was in for a really tough ride but only because I was equipped to handle it. I was only about 8 when she said that. Perhaps she was right but why agree to suffer especially if you’re old enough to know how awful it will be? :-( It’s just miserable.

I’ve had a few answers from my guides on this but only bits and pieces and I have had quite a bit of light shed on certain questions : I know my life purpose and have done for a long time.

I also want to know things like, in the past (in this life) did certain people act horribly towards me because of their own free will/ were they random low level entities that weren’t ever a part of the plan or was it all pre agreed?

One answer I had was that it’s important to learn divine forgiveness and an obvious answer would be if various things hadn’t happened I wouldn’t be exactly where I am now so maybe I’m over-complicating this.

But I can’t ever imagine my stepfather being some loving soul who lovingly participated in my life plan and kindly agreed to incarnate and then terrorise me and my sister for years while my mum did nothing.

I’ve had therapy (I see my therapist as a kind of earthly spirit guide who I can get straight answers from). :) So I have reconciled it emotionally but spiritually I would be very interested to get a recap of the life planning process. Just to understand it all more.

Or does that not ever happen? Why do we have to forget everything?

Really this is an abstract talking point if anyone is keen to chip in?

Does anyone know anything or do we all have amnesia so know but can’t remember and so aren’t able to comment.

Why the amnesia? :-(

Thanks,

Jen

2. bluebird

bluebird Regular Contributor

I don't believe that we "chart" or pre-plan our lives. Perhaps some people do choose certain key incidents, some of the time, but no more than that, IMO.

In the case of someone like your stepfather, who was apparently abusive -- in my opinion, he may have been like that because he was mentally ill, or because he had been abused, or because he was an evil a-hole of a person. I do not believe that it was because the two of you pre-planned it before your lives here, in order to learn some kind of "lesson".

As for why the apparent amnesia, I don't know. I am agnostic regarding the existence of an afterlife at all, but suppose that an afterlife does exist....in that case, maybe our human minds aren't capable of remembering that "beforelife/afterlife" and still getting on with a normal life on earth. Or maybe we choose not to remember, for some reason. Or maybe some god/force prevents us from remembering, whether for good or not-so-good reasons.

As with all afterlife related topics, there's really no way to know for sure.

Jen_always_Jen likes this.
  3. Jen_always_Jen

Thank you very much for your answer. It’s all very interesting to me. I’m always so keen to hear what others think and believe.

Funnily enough my stepdad was once my dad’s gardener and they’ve both died so my ex and I sometimes joke about him huffing and puffing and swearing while digging my dad’s garden in the afterlife as penance for all his awfulness in life. But that’s just a mechanism for dealing with it - gallows humour.

The life plan concept seems just so confusing and with so many different people in the world, ridiculously hard to plan. Imagine the various diagrams and possible outcomes? I DO see it talked about often though.

I think I will take your answer: it likely doesn’t happen. And there’s just no way to know.

One person who is a very proactive writer said she is agnostic because the idea of seeing life as a waiting room for the afterlife isn’t appealing and she wants to do as much as she can while she can with what she knows is real. The power of now motivates her each morning. I loved that.

Thank you! :) I will sleep better tonight.

4. bluebird

bluebird Regular Contributor

I am glad my answer helped you a bit. :) Not everyone here shares my views, but all I can do is be honest.

I understand about gallows humour. Sometimes that can help, too.

The way I see it, whatever can help and provide peace, without harming others, is worthwhile.

Jen_always_Jen and kim like this.
  5. mac

mac Staff Member

As a spirit merges with the new, tiny body that it will animate probably for many years it begins a process which for most of us is a constraining one - that of living in a crummy, simple form.

We're eternal which means we lived elsewhere before we lived here and will have memories recorded in some fashion somewhere within our spirits - our 'true selves'. BUT one constraint of our lives here is the physical overcoat we animate having only rudimentary capabilities compared with those of our etheric bodies.

Even the CPU - our brain - is comparatively rudimentary with apparently few, if any, ways of getting at the memories stored in our animating spirit's memory. It's not so much that we have amnesia as there's no real chance - for most of us - of accessing any information. It's as if different memory file formats are used by etheric and physical bodies and each can only be accessed using the right 'software'. Just occasionally some humans appear to be able to read a non-native file format. eg past-life recall but most of us regular guys and gals can't.

Jen_always_Jen, bluebird and kim like this.
  6. kim

kim Active Member

I agree bluebird, being honest and sincere are a +!:cool:

bluebird and Jen_always_Jen like this.
  7. kim

kim Active Member

I feel that when we are able to balance the knowledge contributed by the physical overcoat along with that of the etheric body a very positive thing has been developed, as a very good contribution has been prepared for this earth.

Is the "non-native file" contributed by the etheric?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  8. mac

mac Staff Member

The 'non-native' file format in my example would be the way memories are stored in the etheric body's memory hence unable to be 'read' by most physical bodies' file reader.

9. Jen_always_Jen

I love this idea so much Mac. Thank you. It makes so much sense. I suppose if a toddler woke up one day and remembered some previous life as a cutthroat in the Middle Ages and then also that they are going to die a painful death at a certain age on a certain date because of X, Y and Z, it would unsettle the parents and eventually their schoolmates and teachers would be somewhat alarmed too.

Actually I HAVE read some very plausible stories about children in India clearly remembering previous lives and being in old age, and they longed to return to their old homes and be with their previous families one wanted to be with his previous wife and travelled to her village and really shocked her and his own parents in this life with all the details he knew, so maybe it is for the best if these rudimentary bodies and brains aren’t able to do more than we need them to!

I’ve been thinking about life plans a lot lately. I’m not sure why. Actually I do know, but it’s a long story. Perhaps it’s time to put it on the pile of , “I’m never going to really know...’ questions.

10. kim

kim Active Member

Mac, maybe while I was in the coma the etheric was displaying the 'non-native' file to my physical brain, which was housed in a temporary overcoat, and that is why the precognitive experiences have been occurring since 1983!